SCSL, 64 bit ineger, installation - SGI

This is a discussion on SCSL, 64 bit ineger, installation - SGI ; Downloaded the latest SCSL lib. from SGI site. Untarring ==> alt_install.html scsl scsl.hdr scsl.idb scsl.man scsl.sw32 scsl.sw64 Followed the install instructions installed scsl, then with the SoftwareManager did the 64 bit install. The 64 bit libaries are not installed as ...

  1. SCSL, 64 bit ineger, installation

    Downloaded the latest SCSL lib. from SGI site. Untarring ==>

    alt_install.html scsl scsl.hdr scsl.idb scsl.man scsl.sw32
    scsl.sw64

    Followed the install instructions installed scsl, then with the
    SoftwareManager did the 64 bit install. The 64 bit libaries are not
    installed as a default. So this was done as an Upgrade

    However there are two 64 bit lib, the 64 bit & 64bit(64 bit integer),
    the inst. only installed the 64 bit and listed the 64 bit integer lib
    as n/a. I do not recall if there was a prior version 64 bit lib. on my
    box. Would the absence of a prior 64 bit integer lib. prejudice the
    installation (upgrade) to this extent

    -- Adam --

  2. Re: SCSL, 64 bit ineger, installation

    The 64-bit integer libraries are separate libraries if you
    need to have all your integers be 64-bit (8 byte) long as
    opposed to the default 32-bit integers (4 byte). If you are
    installing on a machine with a MIPS R5000 processor, then the
    64-bit integer libraries are not available.

    Not installing these libraries should have no affect or prejudice
    your new installation.

    Mimi

    --

    Mimi Celis, Ph.D.