fw_openssh vs. irix openssh - SGI

This is a discussion on fw_openssh vs. irix openssh - SGI ; I've just started to upgrade some workstations to 6.5.20m and higher. I had fw_openssh, fw_openssl installed, and I guess I'll replace them with the included openssh and openssl. The question I have is: I seem to recall the fw_openssh have ...

  1. fw_openssh vs. irix openssh

    I've just started to upgrade some workstations to 6.5.20m and higher.

    I had fw_openssh, fw_openssl installed, and I guess I'll replace them
    with the included openssh and openssl.

    The question I have is: I seem to recall the fw_openssh have various
    prerequisites like fw_tcp_wrappers and fw_pam and maybe others. Is it
    necessary, or desirable to keeps those; or are they superseded as well?

    Thanks,
    Tony

  2. Re: fw_openssh vs. irix openssh

    Tony Schreiner wrote:

    > I've just started to upgrade some workstations to 6.5.20m and higher.
    >
    > I had fw_openssh, fw_openssl installed, and I guess I'll replace them
    > with the included openssh and openssl.
    >
    > The question I have is: I seem to recall the fw_openssh have various
    > prerequisites like fw_tcp_wrappers and fw_pam and maybe others. Is it
    > necessary, or desirable to keeps those; or are they superseded as well?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tony

    Tony

    you do not need any freeware software to use the sgi-supplied ssh.
    its all in irix.

    Paul

+ Reply to Thread