Merging two static libraries to one - SGI

This is a discussion on Merging two static libraries to one - SGI ; Hi all, If i have two static libraries and i want to make a single static libraries from these, what is the process that i should follow in IRIX ?? In case of Linux there is a scripting option "ar ...

  1. Merging two static libraries to one

    Hi all,
    If i have two static libraries and i want to make a single static
    libraries from these, what is the process that i should follow in IRIX
    ??

    In case of Linux there is a scripting option "ar -M < script".

    Will be of great help if someone can point out the method.

    thanks,
    rakesh.

  2. Re: Merging two static libraries to one

    On 22 Jun 2004 06:50:34 -0700, rak_ash@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > If i have two static libraries and i want to make a single static
    > libraries from these, what is the process that i should follow in IRIX
    > ??
    >
    > In case of Linux there is a scripting option "ar -M < script".
    >
    > Will be of great help if someone can point out the method.

    You can extract objects from both and then recreate the library, if I
    understand your question:

    ar -x lib1.a
    ar -x lib2.a
    ar -c lib.a *.o

    --
    __/ __, wave++ "Yuri D'Elia" http://www.yuv.info/
    / \__/ \ HPC and Engineering: bringing BITs to life!

  3. Re: Merging two static libraries to one

    Thanks !!
    This was what i wanted to do!

    thanks,
    rakesh.

    wave++ wrote in message news:<87isdjttxs.fsf@lambda.i.yuv.info>...
    > On 22 Jun 2004 06:50:34 -0700, rak_ash@yahoo.com wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > > If i have two static libraries and i want to make a single static
    > > libraries from these, what is the process that i should follow in IRIX
    > > ??
    > >
    > > In case of Linux there is a scripting option "ar -M < script".
    > >
    > > Will be of great help if someone can point out the method.

    > You can extract objects from both and then recreate the library, if I
    > understand your question:
    >
    > ar -x lib1.a
    > ar -x lib2.a
    > ar -c lib.a *.o