Intel compilers and ProPack 3.0 - SGI

This is a discussion on Intel compilers and ProPack 3.0 - SGI ; We recently installed ProPack3.0 on an Altix. I recovered the old intel 7.0 compilers. The old linking process now generates some undefined variables such as __init_array_start __fini_array_end Is there a known incompatiblity between these old compilers and this newer version ...

  1. Intel compilers and ProPack 3.0

    We recently installed ProPack3.0 on an Altix. I recovered
    the old intel 7.0 compilers. The old linking process now
    generates some undefined variables such as

    __init_array_start __fini_array_end

    Is there a known incompatiblity between these old compilers
    and this newer version of the OS? And is there some additional
    library we need to link against to resolve the references?

    --
    Daniel Packman
    NCAR/ACD

  2. Re: Intel compilers and ProPack 3.0

    Daniel Packman wrote:

    > We recently installed ProPack3.0 on an Altix. I recovered
    > the old intel 7.0 compilers. The old linking process now
    > generates some undefined variables such as
    >
    > __init_array_start __fini_array_end

    Are you sure you haven't got any old .a's lying around?

    BTW, is there a reason for not having the latest 7.1 compilers?

    --
    Alexis Cousein Senior Systems Engineer
    alexis@sgi.com SGI/Silicon Graphics Brussels

    If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals.

  3. Re: Intel compilers and ProPack 3.0

    Daniel Packman wrote:

    > We recently installed ProPack3.0 on an Altix. I recovered
    > the old intel 7.0 compilers. The old linking process now
    > generates some undefined variables such as
    >
    > __init_array_start __fini_array_end

    Oh -- and another thing: you may have to link with the old
    compatibility libraries (as Intel doesn't really support
    linking 7.0 objects with the glibc2.3-based libraries
    in Propack 3.0).

    Try adding -L/usr/lib/ia64-redhat-linux7/lib and see if that changes
    anything.

    --
    Alexis Cousein Senior Systems Engineer
    alexis@sgi.com SGI/Silicon Graphics Brussels

    If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals.

+ Reply to Thread