Math library not found - SGI

This is a discussion on Math library not found - SGI ; The problem is that the compiler can not find the complib.sgimathn library when running the following command. cc iqs2.c -lm -lcomplib.sgimath -O3 We get the same errors when trying to compile with the gcc commands. Does this sound familiar to ...

  1. Math library not found

    The problem is that the compiler can not find the complib.sgimathn library
    when running the following command.

    cc iqs2.c -lm -lcomplib.sgimath -O3

    We get the same errors when trying to compile with the gcc commands.

    Does this sound familiar to anyone?

    TIA
    Norm

  2. Re: Math library not found

    Norm Dresner wrote:
    > The problem is that the compiler can not find the complib.sgimathn library
    > when running the following command.
    >
    > cc iqs2.c -lm -lcomplib.sgimath -O3
    >
    > We get the same errors when trying to compile with the gcc commands.
    >
    > Does this sound familiar to anyone?
    >
    > TIA
    > Norm

    Besides google'ing your brains out, you could try "man sgimath" to get
    more info...

  3. Re: Math library not found

    "UNIX Museum" wrote in message
    > Norm Dresner wrote:
    > > The problem is that the compiler can not find the complib.sgimathn

    library
    > > when running the following command.
    > >
    > > cc iqs2.c -lm -lcomplib.sgimath -O3
    > >
    > > We get the same errors when trying to compile with the gcc commands.
    > >
    > > Does this sound familiar to anyone?
    > >
    > > TIA
    > > Norm
    > >

    > Besides google'ing your brains out, you could try "man sgimath" to get
    > more info...

    I can't even try that until I get to work tomorrow at the earliest, but if
    it's truly not installed then "man ..." would bring up nothing.

    Does anyone know anything aobout this library (complib.sgimathn)?

    Norm

  4. Re: Math library not found

    > I can't even try that until I get to work tomorrow at the earliest, but if
    > it's truly not installed then "man ..." would bring up nothing.

    Yep, for sure, if it's not installed you won't find it... BUT: google is
    there for you, it's OK to get a head start while waiting for someone
    to come up with the answer... ;-)

    > Does anyone know anything aobout this library (complib.sgimathn)?
    >
    > Norm

    This library doesn't seem to exist, even in sgi's own tech pub library.

    http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/search.cgi

  5. Re: Math library not found

    In article ,
    UNIX Museum wrote:

    (referring to complib.sgimath)

    >This library doesn't seem to exist, even in sgi's own tech pub library.
    >
    >http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/search.cgi

    The magic is to search in tech pubs for
    complib

    The top 2 items give you the overview.

    It replaces SCSL (older version, no longer supported or used)
    if I recall correctly.

    Regards,
    David B. Anderson davea at sgi dot com http://reality.sgiweb.org/davea

  6. Re: Math library not found

    Norm Dresner wrote:

    > The problem is that the compiler can not find the complib.sgimathn library
    > when running the following command.
    >
    > cc iqs2.c -lm -lcomplib.sgimath -O3

    Only the man pages are loaded. complib_eoe (the old Challenge R10000
    library) sits in IRIX 6.5 Development libraries, but the default
    is to load only the man pages.

    I do question whether you really want COMPlib, BTW, it's largely obsolete and
    pretty much replaced by SCSL. At least, unless you're after the old-style
    non-LibSci FFT routines or EISPACK, but certainly not if you want LAPACK or
    BLAS.

    If it's SCSL routines you're after, that can be downloaded from

    .

    A recent IRIX 6.5 overlay will also have SCSL included.

    --
    Alexis Cousein Senior Systems Engineer
    alexis@sgi.com SGI/Silicon Graphics Brussels

    If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals.

  7. Re: Math library not found

    In article ,
    David Anderson wrote:
    >The magic is to search in tech pubs for
    > complib
    >
    >The top 2 items give you the overview.
    >
    >It replaces SCSL (older version, no longer supported or used)
    >if I recall correctly.

    Given Alexis' comments, I'm remembering backwards and SCSL is
    the newer one. Which is also implied
    by evidence in the doc. Sigh. Sorry about that.
    So, use SCSL instead.

    Regards,
    David B. Anderson davea at sgi dot com http://reality.sgiweb.org/davea

  8. Re: Math library not found

    David Anderson wrote:

    > The magic is to search in tech pubs for
    > complib

    Yes it is, but complib.sgimathn, which is what Norm seems to be looking
    for, doesn't exist...

  9. Re: Math library not found

    "Alexis Cousein" wrote in message
    > Norm Dresner wrote:
    >
    > > The problem is that the compiler can not find the complib.sgimathn

    library
    > > when running the following command.
    > >
    > > cc iqs2.c -lm -lcomplib.sgimath -O3

    > Only the man pages are loaded. complib_eoe (the old Challenge R10000
    > library) sits in IRIX 6.5 Development libraries, but the default
    > is to load only the man pages.
    >
    > I do question whether you really want COMPlib, BTW, it's largely obsolete

    and
    > pretty much replaced by SCSL. At least, unless you're after the old-style
    > non-LibSci FFT routines or EISPACK, but certainly not if you want LAPACK

    or
    > BLAS.
    >
    > If it's SCSL routines you're after, that can be downloaded from
    >
    > .
    >
    > A recent IRIX 6.5 overlay will also have SCSL included.

    A user was trying to compile something which he'd gotten from another
    division of the company and the makefile he got with the source package
    tried to link with that library. I'll pass down the comments about it being
    obsolete.

    Thanks
    Norm

+ Reply to Thread