boot problem INDY - SGI

This is a discussion on boot problem INDY - SGI ; when I turn on my indy , I have on screen black window "sash : " than I must write : boot to get "starting up the system..." I want "automatic boot" without black window... please help... thanks...

  1. boot problem INDY

    when I turn on my indy , I have on screen black window "sash : "
    than I must write : boot to get "starting up the system..."

    I want "automatic boot" without black window...
    please help...
    thanks

  2. Re: boot problem INDY

    Davor Matašić wrote:

    > when I turn on my indy , I have on screen black window "sash : "
    > than I must write : boot to get "starting up the system..."
    >
    > I want "automatic boot" without black window...

    Set the PROM environment variable "AutoLoad" to "Y".

    (more details):
    After power up, Hit ESC key when prompted to go to system
    maintenance mode.
    Option "5" will take you to the PROM monitor.
    type setenv AutoLoad Y
    push the button, Max. The reset button, that is.

    Away you go.

    --
    Greg Douglas
    Reputable Systems