The following header lines retained to effect attribution:
>Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:34:09 +0100
>From: ian webb
>Subject: How do i boot my o2 from CD
>To: info-iris-admin@ARL.ARMY.MIL

>Hello,
>Could someone tell me how to boot up of the installation tools cd so i can
>bypass my root password. the mouse doesnt work on the startup screen where
>you can click the stop for maintenence screen, but works fine in 4dwm, is
>that normal.
>I know how to edit the passwd file but cant get to it.
>Cheers
>ian

1) You probably have your mouse and your keyboard plugged in reversed.
The PROM can not handle that; the operating system (not 4dwm) can.
2) Count the boxes from the top and use that keyboard numeric key.

Randolph J. Herber, herber@fnal.gov, +1 630 840 2966, CD/CDFTF PK-149F,
Mail Stop 318, Fermilab, Kirk & Pine Rds., PO Box 500, Batavia, IL 60510-0500,
USA. (Speaking for myself and not for US, US DOE, FNAL nor URA.) (Product,
trade, or service marks herein belong to their respective owners.)