Macintosh BinHex Archive attachments... - SGI

This is a discussion on Macintosh BinHex Archive attachments... - SGI ; Our group receives pdf files through email attachements from multiple sources (on differect OS). The ones from mac show up as "Macintosh BinHex Archive (application/mac-binhex40)" under netscape Mail and acroread does not read it understandably. How do we decode this ...

  1. Macintosh BinHex Archive attachments...

    Our group receives pdf files through email attachements from multiple
    sources (on differect OS). The ones from mac show up as "Macintosh
    BinHex Archive (application/mac-binhex40)" under netscape Mail and
    acroread does not read it understandably. How do we decode this file on
    SGI/netscape.

    Thanks in advance for your help or information.
    --

    Rabi

  2. Re: Macintosh BinHex Archive attachments...

    rabi wrote:
    : Our group receives pdf files through email attachements from multiple
    : sources (on differect OS). The ones from mac show up as "Macintosh
    : BinHex Archive (application/mac-binhex40)" under netscape Mail and
    : acroread does not read it understandably. How do we decode this file on
    : SGI/netscape.

    Use mcvert, from CAP package IIRC

    --
    finger spd@shiva.cps.unizar.es for PGP /
    ..mailcap tip of the day: / La vida es una carcel

  3. Re: Macintosh BinHex Archive attachments...

    "J.A. Gutierrez" wrote in message news:...
    > rabi wrote:
    > : Our group receives pdf files through email attachements from multiple
    > : sources (on differect OS). The ones from mac show up as "Macintosh
    > : BinHex Archive (application/mac-binhex40)" under netscape Mail and
    > : acroread does not read it understandably. How do we decode this file on
    > : SGI/netscape.
    >
    > Use mcvert, from CAP package IIRC

    ....at the moment, you can download a tardist installer for mcvert from
    http://freeware.sgi.com

+ Reply to Thread