aio_sgi_init: dlopen failed, cannot map soname 'libdba.so' - SGI

This is a discussion on aio_sgi_init: dlopen failed, cannot map soname 'libdba.so' - SGI ; Hi, I have an application using ffio (NX Nastran) that is reporting a failure in aio_sgi_init: aio_sgi_init: dlopen failed: Fatal Error: Cannot Successfully map soname 'libdba.so' under any of the filenames. The only thing I could find about libdba.so is ...

  1. aio_sgi_init: dlopen failed, cannot map soname 'libdba.so'

    Hi,

    I have an application using ffio (NX Nastran) that is reporting a failure in aio_sgi_init:
    aio_sgi_init: dlopen failed: Fatal Error: Cannot Successfully map soname 'libdba.so' under any of the filenames.

    The only thing I could find about libdba.so is related to sgi's Database Accelerator. I do not have this as it is part of IRIX ASE, not AWE.

    I tried to extract the library from the 6.5.23m update and put it where it should be, linking to it in all the lib locations (lib32, lib64, ...) but my application is still complaining...

    I reinstalled the OS & the apps at one point (6.5.1 straight to 6.5.23) and I don't recall having that issue before for the original root drive which had gone through several version of 6.5.x... That makes me think that DBA must have been installed by one of the 6.5.x releases...

    Does anybody have any idea if DBA was part of the app CDs of one 6.5.x releases?

  2. Re: aio_sgi_init: dlopen failed, cannot map soname 'libdba.so'

    UNIX Musuem wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an application using ffio (NX Nastran) that is reporting a failure in aio_sgi_init:
    > aio_sgi_init: dlopen failed: Fatal Error: Cannot Successfully map soname 'libdba.so' under any of the filenames.
    >
    > The only thing I could find about libdba.so is related to sgi's Database Accelerator. I do not have this as it is part of IRIX ASE, not AWE.
    >
    > I tried to extract the library from the 6.5.23m update and put it where it should be, linking to it in all the lib locations (lib32, lib64, ...) but my application is still complaining...
    >
    > I reinstalled the OS & the apps at one point (6.5.1 straight to 6.5.23) and I don't recall having that issue before for the original root drive which had gone through several version of 6.5.x... That makes me think that DBA must have been installed by one of the 6.5.x releases...
    >
    > Does anybody have any idea if DBA was part of the app CDs of one 6.5.x releases?

    hey UM,

    email me or give me a call or stop by! in other words i have the medicine
    you require.

    cheers.

+ Reply to Thread