Upgrade Altix to ProPack v2.4 - SGI

This is a discussion on Upgrade Altix to ProPack v2.4 - SGI ; We have an Altix 3000 with propack 2.3 installed. Has anyone upgraded to v2.4? Any tales to tell? I'd like to be sure this is compatible with the installed intel compilers and is a worthwhile upgrade. I presume one is ...

  1. Upgrade Altix to ProPack v2.4

    We have an Altix 3000 with propack 2.3 installed.
    Has anyone upgraded to v2.4? Any tales to tell? I'd
    like to be sure this is compatible with the installed
    intel compilers and is a worthwhile upgrade.

    I presume one is supposed to burn the four cds for
    the ProPack and advanced linux environment and install
    from them.

    --
    Daniel Packman
    NCAR/ACD

  2. Re: Upgrade Altix to ProPack v2.4

    Daniel Packman wrote:

    > We have an Altix 3000 with propack 2.3 installed.
    > Has anyone upgraded to v2.4? Any tales to tell?

    Yes. Get all the day 1 patches (in particular, 10046 and
    10049; not sure if PROM 3.25 is one of them, but that, too) .

    Read the Linux Start Here Guide that comes with PP2.4 - thoroughly.

    --
    Alexis Cousein Senior Systems Engineer
    alexis@sgi.com SGI/Silicon Graphics Brussels

    Nobody Expects the Belgian Inquisition!