how to use xfs_repair - SGI

This is a discussion on how to use xfs_repair - SGI ; Recently my Indy had an internal xfs error message indicating I should run xfs repair. Can someone please tell me in detailed steps how to perform the xfs repair; the hard part for me to understand is how to unmount ...

  1. how to use xfs_repair

    Recently my Indy had an internal xfs error message indicating I should
    run xfs repair.

    Can someone please tell me in detailed steps how to perform the xfs
    repair; the hard part for me to understand is how to unmount and
    remount the system disk.

    What, if any, data will be lost?

    Thanks in advance for anyone willing to take the time to answer.

  2. Re: how to use xfs_repair

    Mark Sawicki wrote:
    > Recently my Indy had an internal xfs error message indicating I should
    > run xfs repair.
    >
    > Can someone please tell me in detailed steps how to perform the xfs
    > repair; the hard part for me to understand is how to unmount and
    > remount the system disk.

    Load a recent miniroot from a CD and adm sh from the inst prompt.

    --
    Alexis Cousein Senior Systems Engineer
    alexis@sgi.com SGI/Silicon Graphics Brussels

    Nobody Expects the Belgian Inquisition!

  3. Re: how to use xfs_repair

    Alexis Cousein wrote in message news:<4030B0B4.7070400@brussels.sgi.com>...
    > Mark Sawicki wrote:
    > > Recently my Indy had an internal xfs error message indicating I should
    > > run xfs repair.
    > >
    > > Can someone please tell me in detailed steps how to perform the xfs
    > > repair; the hard part for me to understand is how to unmount and
    > > remount the system disk.

    > Load a recent miniroot from a CD and adm sh from the inst prompt.

    Thank you everyone for the e-mails and posts. I was able to unmount
    and perform the XFS_repair from miniroot. The system is back up
    running after performing "keep *" and "install same" (thanks for the
    tip Jerry).

+ Reply to Thread