C++ for Irix 6.2 to Compile Toogl for OpenGL Port - SGI

This is a discussion on C++ for Irix 6.2 to Compile Toogl for OpenGL Port - SGI ; Forgive what is probably an idiot question, but... I'm running Irix 6.2 on an Indigo2 for a legacy application that I want to port from GL to OpenGL. I've found the "toogl" tool that does the heavy lifting of the ...

  1. C++ for Irix 6.2 to Compile Toogl for OpenGL Port

    Forgive what is probably an idiot question, but... I'm running Irix
    6.2 on an Indigo2 for a legacy application that I want to port from GL
    to OpenGL. I've found the "toogl" tool that does the heavy lifting of
    the OpenGL conversion, but it won't compile. The Makefile is looking
    for CC. I've never used C++, only straight C, and I don't think it's
    installed. I have the development option CD (somewhere...!). What
    subsystem to I need to install to get C++?

    Thanks.

    --Rob

  2. Re: C++ for Irix 6.2 to Compile Toogl for OpenGL Port

    In article <9ec15ee2.0402111012.170b7f2c@posting.google.com>,
    Rob Siegel wrote:
    >Forgive what is probably an idiot question, but... I'm running Irix
    >6.2 on an Indigo2 for a legacy application that I want to port from GL
    >to OpenGL. I've found the "toogl" tool that does the heavy lifting of
    >the OpenGL conversion, but it won't compile. The Makefile is looking
    >for CC. I've never used C++, only straight C, and I don't think it's
    >installed. I have the development option CD (somewhere...!). What
    >subsystem to I need to install to get C++?

    Install the C++ subsytems. The front end is NOT on the development
    option CD, but on a separate extra cost cd $$$. No longer available?
    Given it's IRIX6.2 the dev foundation and libraries cd is free on www.sgi.com
    (http://www.sgi.com/developers/devtools/apis/irix.html)
    and you can then use at least some versions of gcc/g++.

    Been a long time since I used such, others can help better.
    Best of luck.
    David Anderson

+ Reply to Thread