cpuset: Encounterd a problem parsing a CPU from line 1 - SGI

This is a discussion on cpuset: Encounterd a problem parsing a CPU from line 1 - SGI ; Recently I noticed I am no longer able to create cpusets in my system. Whatever I do I always get: # cpuset -q cpuset_T -c -f /etc/cpuset_t.conf cpuset: Encounterd a problem parsing a CPU from line 1. Cpuset not created. ...

  1. cpuset: Encounterd a problem parsing a CPU from line 1

    Recently I noticed I am no longer able to create cpusets in my system.
    Whatever I do I always get:

    # cpuset -q cpuset_T -c -f /etc/cpuset_t.conf

    cpuset: Encounterd a problem parsing a CPU from line 1. Cpuset not
    created.

    Strange enough, cpusets get created ok from /etc/rc2.d/ during boot (using
    the very same config files).

    More information:

    # ls -al /etc/cpuset_t.conf
    -rwxr-x--- 1 root users 6 Feb 9 10:08 /etc/cpuset_t.conf
    # cat /etc/cpuset_t.conf
    CPU 5

    'mpadmin -s' shows CPU 5 as unrestricted (I tried other cpus as well).
    The system is 6.5.20f, o3800.

    Briefly: I cannot create cpusets by hand while the same cpusets from the same
    config files get created ok from rc2.d.

    Thanks,

    -marek

  2. Re: cpuset: Encounterd a problem parsing a CPU from line 1

    On 2004-02-09, Marek Zawadzki wrote:
    [...]
    > Briefly: I cannot create cpusets by hand while the same cpusets from the same
    > config files get created ok from rc2.d.

    Answering myself ;-]
    The problem was caused by IBM SANergy software:

    # env | grep -i san
    _RLD_LIST=libSANergy.soEFAULT
    _RLDN32_LIST=libSANergy32.soEFAULT
    _RLD64_LIST=libSANergy64.soEFAULT
    SANTISDIR=/usr/SANergy/nls/codeset
    # cpuset -q cpuset_t -c -f /etc/cpuset_t.conf

    cpuset: Encounterd a problem parsing a CPU from line 1. Cpuset not created.

    # unsetenv _RLD_LIST _RLDN32_LIST _RLD64_LIST SANTISDIR
    # env | grep -i san
    # cpuset -q cpuset_t -c -f /etc/cpuset_t.conf

    After unsetting a couple of variables everything functions ok again.
    Strange, nothing else seems to be broken. What an ugly bug.

    -marek

+ Reply to Thread