SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23 - SGI

This is a discussion on SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23 - SGI ; Hello, I am running an o2 box with IRIX 6.5.23. Now I would like to be able to login into this box using SSH but unfortunately there is no SSH daemon installed. Is there a product from IRIX for that ...

  1. SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23

    Hello,

    I am running an o2 box with IRIX 6.5.23. Now I would like to be able to
    login into this box using SSH but unfortunately there is no SSH daemon
    installed. Is there a product from IRIX for that or do I need the
    freeware SSH daemon ? If yes can someone please tell me which product i
    need to install and where I can find it.

    Here is the following ssh related stuff currently installed:

    % showprods | grep -i ssh

    I openssh 12/03/2003 OpenSSH server and client tools for
    6.5.22 and later, 3.6.1p2
    I openssh.man 12/03/2003 OpenSSH Online Documentation, 3.6.1p2
    I openssh.man.manpages 12/03/2003 OpenSSH man pages, 3.6.1p2
    I openssh.man.relnotes 12/03/2003 OpenSSH Release Notes, 3.6.1p2
    I openssh.sw 12/03/2003 OpenSSH execution only env, 3.6.1p2
    I openssh.sw.client 12/03/2003 OpenSSH Client Software, 3.6.1p2
    I openssh.sw.common 12/03/2003 OpenSSH Common Client/Server
    Software, 3.6.1p2

    Many many thanks for the help !

    Regards

  2. Re: SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23

    Syn wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am running an o2 box with IRIX 6.5.23. Now I would like to be able to
    > login into this box using SSH but unfortunately there is no SSH daemon
    > installed. Is there a product from IRIX for that or do I need the
    > freeware SSH daemon ? If yes can someone please tell me which product i
    > need to install and where I can find it.
    >
    > Here is the following ssh related stuff currently installed:
    >
    > % showprods | grep -i ssh
    >
    > I openssh 12/03/2003 OpenSSH server and client tools for
    > 6.5.22 and later, 3.6.1p2
    > I openssh.man 12/03/2003 OpenSSH Online Documentation, 3.6.1p2
    > I openssh.man.manpages 12/03/2003 OpenSSH man pages, 3.6.1p2
    > I openssh.man.relnotes 12/03/2003 OpenSSH Release Notes, 3.6.1p2
    > I openssh.sw 12/03/2003 OpenSSH execution only env, 3.6.1p2
    > I openssh.sw.client 12/03/2003 OpenSSH Client Software, 3.6.1p2
    > I openssh.sw.common 12/03/2003 OpenSSH Common Client/Server
    > Software, 3.6.1p2

    You need to install openssh.sw.server which is not installed by default.

    Ivan
    --
    Ivan Rayner
    ivanr@sgi.com

  3. Re: SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23

    either take the easy route and goto freeware.sgi.com/Dist and grab
    fw_ssh-blah blah blah untar it then inst it. Or go grab the ssh source
    from ftp://ftp.ssh.com/pub/ssh tar -zxvf it and compile it into irix :-).
    Then chkconfig it on. Start it from /etc/init.d/fw_sshd

    *********************
    Khalid Schofield
    System Administrator / EM Technician
    Dept. Of Materials
    University Of Oxford
    Parks Road
    Oxford
    OX1 3PH

    Tel: 01865 273785
    Fax: 01865 283333

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Ivan Rayner wrote:

    > Syn wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I am running an o2 box with IRIX 6.5.23. Now I would like to be able to
    > > login into this box using SSH but unfortunately there is no SSH daemon
    > > installed. Is there a product from IRIX for that or do I need the
    > > freeware SSH daemon ? If yes can someone please tell me which product i
    > > need to install and where I can find it.
    > >
    > > Here is the following ssh related stuff currently installed:
    > >
    > > % showprods | grep -i ssh
    > >
    > > I openssh 12/03/2003 OpenSSH server and client tools for
    > > 6.5.22 and later, 3.6.1p2
    > > I openssh.man 12/03/2003 OpenSSH Online Documentation, 3.6.1p2
    > > I openssh.man.manpages 12/03/2003 OpenSSH man pages, 3.6.1p2
    > > I openssh.man.relnotes 12/03/2003 OpenSSH Release Notes, 3.6.1p2
    > > I openssh.sw 12/03/2003 OpenSSH execution only env, 3.6.1p2
    > > I openssh.sw.client 12/03/2003 OpenSSH Client Software, 3.6.1p2
    > > I openssh.sw.common 12/03/2003 OpenSSH Common Client/Server
    > > Software, 3.6.1p2

    > You need to install openssh.sw.server which is not installed by default.
    >
    > Ivan
    > --
    > Ivan Rayner
    > ivanr@sgi.com

  4. Re: SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23

    Syn wrote in message news:<401101B9.2030205@hotmail.com>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am running an o2 box with IRIX 6.5.23. Now I would like to be able to
    > login into this box using SSH but unfortunately there is no SSH daemon
    > installed. Is there a product from IRIX for that or do I need the
    > freeware SSH daemon ? If yes can someone please tell me which product i
    > need to install and where I can find it.

    Funny, IRIX 6.5.23 has not yet been released by SGI.

    If, in fact you are running IRIX 6.5.23, you will find the OpenSSH
    software on the Complimentary Applications CD, however if you are
    running an earlier version of IRIX you might have to go to
    freeware.sgi.com to get it.

  5. Re: SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23

    Jeff wrote:

    > Funny, IRIX 6.5.23 has not yet been released by SGI.
    >
    > If, in fact you are running IRIX 6.5.23, you will find the OpenSSH
    > software on the Complimentary Applications CD, however if you are
    > running an earlier version of IRIX you might have to go to
    > freeware.sgi.com to get it.

    Thanks guys for the percious help... I've could install it from the
    complementary CDs... In fact your are right I meant IRIX 6.5.22

    Cheers

  6. Re: SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23

    Syn wrote:

    > Jeff wrote:
    >
    >> Funny, IRIX 6.5.23 has not yet been released by SGI.
    >>
    >> In fact your are right I meant IRIX 6.5.22

    lol, you had like 20 guys logging into Supportfolio and thinking their
    accounts were bust.

    r15k

  7. Re: SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23

    r15k wrote:

    > lol, you had like 20 guys logging into Supportfolio and thinking their
    > accounts were bust.

    Hehe, i'll try to start a new thread asking where I can download IRIX v7 :-)

  8. Re: SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23

    Syn wrote:
    > r15k wrote:
    >
    >> lol, you had like 20 guys logging into Supportfolio and thinking their
    >> accounts were bust.

    > Hehe, i'll try to start a new thread asking where I can download IRIX v7 :-)

    IRIX 7 is codenamed RedHat.

  9. OT: Re: SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23

    IRIX Central wrote:
    > Syn wrote:
    >> r15k wrote:
    >>
    >>> lol, you had like 20 guys logging into Supportfolio and thinking their
    >>> accounts were bust.

    >> Hehe, i'll try to start a new thread asking where I can download IRIX v7 :-)

    > IRIX 7 is codenamed RedHat.

    RedHat is codenamed Fedora.

    Damian Menscher
    --
    -=#| Physics Grad Student & SysAdmin @ U Illinois Urbana-Champaign |#=-
    -=#| 488 LLP, 1110 W. Green St, Urbana, IL 61801 Ofc217)333-0038 |#=-

  10. Re: SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23

    IRIX Central wrote in message news:...
    > Syn wrote:
    > > r15k wrote:
    > >
    > >> lol, you had like 20 guys logging into Supportfolio and thinking their
    > >> accounts were bust.

    > > Hehe, i'll try to start a new thread asking where I can download IRIX v7 :-)

    > IRIX 7 is codenamed RedHat.

    That's not even funny.

    Shawn

  11. Re: SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23

    Shawn Johnston wrote:
    >> IRIX 7 is codenamed RedHat.

    > That's not even funny.

    but...but...but PENGUINS CAN FLY! http://www.sgi.com

  12. Re: SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23

    >>> IRIX 7 is codenamed RedHat.
    >> That's not even funny.

    > but...but...but PENGUINS CAN FLY! http://www.sgi.com

    But SGI didn't certified them to do so

    ah, besides - flying animals & SGI:
    "Some people think that you can add a graphics card to a PC and get the
    power of a Silicon Graphics workstation. You can strap a rocket onto a
    basset hound, and you still have a dog with a rocket on its back." (Ed
    McCracken, former SGI CEO)

  13. Re: SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23

    >>> IRIX 7 is codenamed RedHat.
    >> That's not even funny.

    > but...but...but PENGUINS CAN FLY! http://www.sgi.com

    Only SGI-breeded penguins can fly

    ah, btw - flying animals & SGI:
    "Some people think that you can add a graphics card to a PC and get the
    power of a Silicon Graphics workstation. You can strap a rocket onto a
    basset hound, and you still have a dog with a rocket on its back."
    (Ed McCracken, former SGI CEO)

  14. Re: SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23

    >>> IRIX 7 is codenamed RedHat.
    >> That's not even funny.

    > but...but...but PENGUINS CAN FLY! http://www.sgi.com

    Only SGI-bred penguins can fly

    ah, btw - flying animals & SGI:
    "Some people think that you can add a graphics card to a PC and get the
    power of a Silicon Graphics workstation. You can strap a rocket onto a
    basset hound, and you still have a dog with a rocket on its back."
    (Ed McCracken, former SGI CEO)

  15. Re: SSH daemon missing on IRIX 6.5.23

    Wolfram Schubert wrote:

    > >> That's not even funny.

    > > but...but...but PENGUINS CAN FLY! http://www.sgi.com

    > Only SGI-bred penguins can fly
    >
    > ah, btw - flying animals & SGI:
    > "Some people think that you can add a graphics card to a PC and get the
    > power of a Silicon Graphics workstation. You can strap a rocket onto a
    > basset hound, and you still have a dog with a rocket on its back."
    > (Ed McCracken, former SGI CEO)

    ah, so THAT's what's inside onyx4. wonder where you put the kibble in?

+ Reply to Thread