Changing an icon in Irix - SGI

This is a discussion on Changing an icon in Irix - SGI ; Hi, I apologize if the answer is obvious or can be found on the web. I searched on google groups but could not find it. I was wondering how to change an icon in Irix. Can the icons on the ...

  1. Changing an icon in Irix

    Hi,

    I apologize if the answer is obvious or can be found on the web. I searched
    on google groups but could not find it. I was wondering how to change an
    icon in Irix. Can the icons on the desktop be changed and if so how? Also
    how would you do this for applications that currently have a default icon
    (i.e. a lot of the freeware)?

    Thanks,
    Jim

  2. Re: Changing an icon in Irix

    Jim Blowitski wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I apologize if the answer is obvious or can be found on the web. I searched
    > on google groups but could not find it. I was wondering how to change an
    > icon in Irix. Can the icons on the desktop be changed and if so how? Also
    > how would you do this for applications that currently have a default icon
    > (i.e. a lot of the freeware)?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jim

    Jim,

    The answer isn't obvious, but not too hard to find...
    You can find all you want to know about this on the sgi Techpub, here is
    the link:

    http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/...html/pr03.html

    Some custom icons can be found at
    http://masaomi.sendaisou.hn.org/iconsmith.html

    Good luck!

  3. Re: Changing an icon in Irix

    Dear Mr. Jim Blowitski,

    I am a Registered Architect, and have a Master of Fine Arts (Computer
    Graphics)[and Interactive Media].

    In answer to your question:

    .... And then there is messing with people's names.

    Theresa Mare Bextermiller, R.A., M.F.A., married name Metzger
    tmbmetzger@aol.com
    St. Louis, Mo. 63117-1911
    W.U. neighborhood
    independent
    Charter class, 1990, graduate CG program, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, N.Y.
    First single nationality American to receive the Master of Fine Arts (Computer
    Graphics) - an ECSE degree where School of Engineering and Dept. of Computer
    Science were closed finally in May, 1993.
    Jesus and Mother Mary

+ Reply to Thread