all possible users shown in the xdm - SGI

This is a discussion on all possible users shown in the xdm - SGI ; That might be a trivial thing and probably is but I did something that caused all possible users to show in the login screen. Beat me, I don't know what ;-) Those include "sys", "daemon" etc. How should I turn ...

  1. all possible users shown in the xdm

    That might be a trivial thing and probably is but I did something that
    caused all possible users to show in the login screen. Beat me, I don't
    know what ;-) Those include "sys", "daemon" etc. How should I turn them off?

  2. Re: all possible users shown in the xdm

    silverdr wrote:
    > That might be a trivial thing and probably is but I did something that
    > caused all possible users to show in the login screen. Beat me, I don't
    > know what ;-) Those include "sys", "daemon" etc. How should I turn them
    > off?

    I used to see that, but haven't seen it in a while. Don't recall how
    it happens.

    If there is a /usr/Cadmin/clogin.conf file, you might try:

    # hide these users (don't show them in clogin)
    lp:noshow
    nuucp:noshow
    adm:noshow
    sys:noshow