Cannot enter in pod (Challenge L) from PROM - SGI

This is a discussion on Cannot enter in pod (Challenge L) from PROM - SGI ; hi there, we successfully upgraded a memory in our Challenge L, everything looks ok, memory is seen by hinv in PROM and by the IRIX we have messages about changing configuration with stop for enter but : we cannot enter ...

  1. Cannot enter in pod (Challenge L) from PROM

    hi there,

    we successfully upgraded a memory in our Challenge L,
    everything looks ok, memory is seen by hinv in PROM and
    by the IRIX
    we have messages about changing configuration with stop for enter
    but :
    we cannot enter into pod from PROM to upgrade invetory... ((
    machine just gets freezing: no error red LEDs inside,
    all LEDs on CPU board are freezed

    any help ???

  2. Re: Cannot enter in pod (Challenge L) from PROM

    In article , nicte wrote:
    :we successfully upgraded a memory in our Challenge L,
    :everything looks ok, memory is seen by hinv in PROM and
    :by the IRIX
    :we have messages about changing configuration with stop for enter
    :but :
    :we cannot enter into pod from PROM to upgrade invetory... ((
    :machine just gets freezing: no error red LEDs inside,
    :all LEDs on CPU board are freezed

    The Challenge L (and XL) do not have pod, or at least don't
    call it that. Just go back to the PROM and give the 'update'
    command there.

    It sounds to me, though, as if you might have re-arranged memory
    instead of just adding more. IRIX could be trying to access
    memory that doesn't exist anymore because a bank changed size.

    --
    I predict that you will not trust this prediction.

+ Reply to Thread