PPPoE? - SGI

This is a discussion on PPPoE? - SGI ; Hi, I was a busy poster on this newsgroup about six years ago! Hello to old friends! I am wondering if anyone has managed to get a PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet) up and running under IRIX? Perhaps the (alternate / ...

  1. PPPoE?

    Hi,

    I was a busy poster on this newsgroup about six years ago!
    Hello to old friends!

    I am wondering if anyone has managed to get a PPPoE (PPP over
    Ethernet) up and running under IRIX? Perhaps the (alternate /
    hardware) solution is to get some sort of router which does PPPoE
    upstream and offers DHCP to the sgi? :-)

    Has anyone ported any of the Linux PPPoE solutions to IRIX?

    thanks in advance,
    ben simons
    (ex-Sydney VisLab)

    PS. If you'd prefer to email me an idea, send to "bsimons at acm.org".
    I'll summarise any good solutions and post back to this group.

  2. Re: PPPoE?

    ben wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was a busy poster on this newsgroup about six years ago!
    > Hello to old friends!
    >
    > I am wondering if anyone has managed to get a PPPoE (PPP over
    > Ethernet) up and running under IRIX? Perhaps the (alternate /
    > hardware) solution is to get some sort of router which does PPPoE
    > upstream and offers DHCP to the sgi? :-)

    if you value your time the easy route is one of those linksys
    cable/dsl units. they do pppoe and can feed back dhcp to your
    LAN or workstation.

    setup in a matter of minutes.

    or you can go the linux software and/or hardware route and tell us all
    about it in another 6 years.

+ Reply to Thread