Help on setting up INDY web server - SGI

This is a discussion on Help on setting up INDY web server - SGI ; I am trying to set up my INDY as a WEB server under 6.5.22 to start as a home LAN. I noticed after reading Chris Spry's INDY Admin Web page there may be multiple ways to do this. My INDY ...

  1. Help on setting up INDY web server

    I am trying to set up my INDY as a WEB server under 6.5.22 to start as
    a home LAN.

    I noticed after reading Chris Spry's INDY Admin Web page there may be
    multiple ways to do this. My INDY has APACHE, Site Manager, as well as
    WebFace Internet Gateway.

    How can I use these tools to set up a WEB server?

  2. Re: Help on setting up INDY web server

    Mark Sawicki wrote:
    > I am trying to set up my INDY as a WEB server under 6.5.22 to start as
    > a home LAN.
    >
    > I noticed after reading Chris Spry's INDY Admin Web page there may be
    > multiple ways to do this. My INDY has APACHE, Site Manager, as well as
    > WebFace Internet Gateway.
    >
    > How can I use these tools to set up a WEB server?

    apache --> www.apache.org or GOOGLE for thousands of sites

    if you have the netscape fasttrack still installed the insight manuals
    should be enough.

    i personally prefer netscape enterprise server 3.62

  3. Re: Help on setting up INDY web server

    IRIX Central wrote in message news:...
    > Mark Sawicki wrote:
    > > I am trying to set up my INDY as a WEB server under 6.5.22 to start as
    > > a home LAN.
    > >
    > > I noticed after reading Chris Spry's INDY Admin Web page there may be
    > > multiple ways to do this. My INDY has APACHE, Site Manager, as well as
    > > WebFace Internet Gateway.
    > >
    > > How can I use these tools to set up a WEB server?

    > apache --> www.apache.org or GOOGLE for thousands of sites
    >
    > if you have the netscape fasttrack still installed the insight manuals
    > should be enough.
    >
    > i personally prefer netscape enterprise server 3.62

    Where can I find netscape enterprise server? The netscape download
    page gives me an error when I try to download. Is this no longer
    supported?

  4. Re: Help on setting up INDY web server

    news:b003d037.0401020832.6b8be1f2@posting.google.c om...

    > > Mark Sawicki wrote:
    > > > I am trying to set up my INDY as a WEB server under 6.5.22 to start as
    > > > a home LAN.
    > > >
    > > > I noticed after reading Chris Spry's INDY Admin Web page there may be
    > > > multiple ways to do this. My INDY has APACHE, Site Manager, as well as
    > > > WebFace Internet Gateway.
    > > >
    > > > How can I use these tools to set up a WEB server?

    > > apache --> www.apache.org or GOOGLE for thousands of sites
    > >
    > > if you have the netscape fasttrack still installed the insight manuals
    > > should be enough.
    > >
    > > i personally prefer netscape enterprise server 3.62

    > Where can I find netscape enterprise server? The netscape download
    > page gives me an error when I try to download. Is this no longer
    > supported?

    The netscape enterprice server is outdated. In the pass irix ships out with
    this package but they switch to apache some time ago. Apache can be compiled
    from the sources or downloaded as an precompiled tardist from the
    freeware.sgi.com site.

    regards
    Joerg

  5. Re: Help on setting up INDY web server

    Joerg Behrens wrote:

    > The netscape enterprice server is outdated. In the pass irix ships out with
    > this package but they switch to apache some time ago. Apache can be compiled
    > from the sources or downloaded as an precompiled tardist from the
    > freeware.sgi.com site.

    http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=www.sgi.com

    incredibly outdated it would seem.

    but speaking of apache when the dust settles over here we hope to get
    the sgi accelerated apache code cleanly ported to 1.3.29 or whatever the
    flavor of the week is at the time.

    cheers

+ Reply to Thread