how to configure gcc on Irix 6.5.21 ? - SGI

This is a discussion on how to configure gcc on Irix 6.5.21 ? - SGI ; Dear All; I downdload gcc.tardist from freeware.sgi.com and it is installed automatically. I can see the gcc command in /usr/freeware/bin/gcc. Whenever I try to call it, I always get this error message: gcc command not found in /usr/bin /usr/sbin .......etc. ...

  1. how to configure gcc on Irix 6.5.21 ?

    Dear All;

    I downdload gcc.tardist from freeware.sgi.com and it is installed
    automatically. I can see the gcc command in /usr/freeware/bin/gcc.
    Whenever I try to call it, I always get this error message:

    gcc command not found in /usr/bin /usr/sbin .......etc.

    I believe it must be a configuration problem. I really don't know to
    fix this problem. Can somebody give an instruction?

    Thanks,

    Kevin

  2. Re: how to configure gcc on Irix 6.5.21 ?

    kevin wrote:

    > Dear All;
    >
    > I downdload gcc.tardist from freeware.sgi.com and it is installed
    > automatically. I can see the gcc command in /usr/freeware/bin/gcc.
    > Whenever I try to call it, I always get this error message:
    >
    > gcc command not found in /usr/bin /usr/sbin .......etc.
    >
    > I believe it must be a configuration problem. I really don't know to
    > fix this problem. Can somebody give an instruction?

    try run /usr/freeware/bin/fixpath

+ Reply to Thread