Change of place the /usr/mail/<usuario> - SGI

This is a discussion on Change of place the /usr/mail/<usuario> - SGI ; I have the operating system solaris 7 and have problems with the /usr/mail directory because in the raiz directory I have left little space. I can change the location of the directories of the users of the mail instead of ...

  1. Change of place the /usr/mail/<usuario>

    I have the operating system solaris 7 and have problems with the
    /usr/mail directory because in the raiz directory I have left little
    space. I can change the location of the directories of the users of
    the mail instead of /usr/mail to another directory where it has but
    space

    Very Thanks

  2. Re: Change of place the /usr/mail/<usuario>

    In article <179050c6.0312171054.5a205c41@posting.google.com>,
    Laura wrote:
    :I have the operating system solaris 7

    I just checked SGI's Press Releases, and it doesn't look like
    SGI has bought out Sun yet, so it looks like you have posted
    in the wrong newsgroup.

    :and have problems with the
    :/usr/mail directory because in the raiz directory I have left little
    :space. I can change the location of the directories of the users of
    :the mail instead of /usr/mail to another directory where it has but
    :space

    Use a symbolic link.
    --
    Look out, there are llamas!

  3. Re: Change of place the /usr/mail/<usuario>

    Laura wrote:
    > I have the operating system solaris 7 and have problems with the
    > /usr/mail directory because in the raiz directory I have left little
    > space. I can change the location of the directories of the users of
    > the mail instead of /usr/mail to another directory where it has but
    > space

    and who said sun users had a clue?

    1) try comp.sys.sun.* or comp.unix.solaris

    2) migrate /var/mail to a big partition and symlink...

    cheers

  4. Re: Change of place the /usr/mail/<usuario>

    Hi Laura,
    erm not 100% sure if this is what you need but....

    you are saying that /usr/mail is full???

    I would either tar the mail dir from /usr/mail

    install another disk and mount it as /disk

    untar the dir to /disk then unmount /disk

    remove the contence of /usr/mail

    mount the disk as /usr/mail

    Job done ;-)

    Or you could move mail to another disk say /home/mail

    then run ln -s /home/mail /usr/mail

    that works fine too. I've done this in HP-UX and IRIX may time's with
    /var/mail

    *********************
    Khalid Schofield
    System Administrator / EM Technician
    Dept. Of Materials
    University Of Oxford
    Parks Road
    Oxford
    OX1 3PH

    Tel: 01865 273785
    Fax: 01865 283333

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Laura wrote:

    > I have the operating system solaris 7 and have problems with the
    > /usr/mail directory because in the raiz directory I have left little
    > space. I can change the location of the directories of the users of
    > the mail instead of /usr/mail to another directory where it has but
    > space
    >

    > Very Thanks

+ Reply to Thread