blanktime 0 on solaris - SGI

This is a discussion on blanktime 0 on solaris - SGI ; Hello, Does anyone know what the solaris equiv to Blanktime 0 is? I need to turn the screensaver off on a solaris box but the normal GUI to fool with the screensaver has been disabled by the admin. Thanks, Rob ...

  1. blanktime 0 on solaris

    Hello,

    Does anyone know what the solaris equiv to Blanktime 0 is?

    I need to turn the screensaver off on a solaris box but the normal GUI to fool with the screensaver has been disabled by the admin.

    Thanks,

    Rob
    Colorado Springs

  2. Re: blanktime 0 on solaris

    Rob Ramsey wrote:
    > [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, 11 lines --]
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone know what the solaris equiv to Blanktime 0 is?
    >
    > I need to turn the screensaver off on a solaris box but the normal GUI to fool with the screensaver has been disabled by the admin.

    we ignored you on #sgi for a reason...

    try our favorite solaris admin (http://www.hepcat.org/bill_beret.jpg) at
    www.sunhelp.org

    cheers.

  3. What are Newsgroups and Chat rooms for?

    Hello,

    What are newsgroups and chat rooms for if not the exchange of information? Almost all Unix shops have heterogeneous networks and why would my question be unusual? If you're hanging out in #sgi and you monitor this news group than it is because you have something to share; be it information or opinions. You could do the right thing and give me some help rather than a wise crack.

    Thanks,

    Rob
    Colorado Springs
    "The Linux AntiChrist" wrote in message news:iqGdna-I3PXxFkeiU-KYkg@giganews.com...
    Rob Ramsey wrote:
    > [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, 11 lines --]
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone know what the solaris equiv to Blanktime 0 is?
    >
    > I need to turn the screensaver off on a solaris box but the normal GUI to fool with the screensaver has been disabled by the admin.

    we ignored you on #sgi for a reason...

    try our favorite solaris admin (http://www.hepcat.org/bill_beret.jpg) at
    www.sunhelp.org

    cheers.

  4. Re: What are Newsgroups and Chat rooms for?

    Rob Ramsey wrote:
    > [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, 33 lines --]
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > What are newsgroups and chat rooms for if not the exchange of information? Almost all Unix shops have heterogeneous networks and why would my question be unusual? If you're hanging out in #sgi and you monitor this news group than it is because you have something to share; be it information or opinions. You could do the right thing and give me some help rather than a wise crack.
    >
    > Thanks,

    Okay retard,

    1) you asked a solaris/sun question in an sgi newsgroup.
    2) IRC is not for your personal help/tutoring, if you come to our channel
    you may or may not get an answer but you are certainly not entitled to
    one. you are however entitled to a kick/ban of which #sgi will be happy
    to provide you with at your next connection.

    you have a swell day!

  5. Re: What are Newsgroups and Chat rooms for?

  6. Re: What are Newsgroups and Chat rooms for?

    Rob Ramsey wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > What are newsgroups and chat rooms for if not the exchange of
    > information? Almost all Unix shops have heterogeneous networks and why
    > would my question be unusual? If you're hanging out in #sgi and you
    > monitor this news group than it is because you have something to share;
    > be it information or opinions. You could do the right thing and give me
    > some help rather than a wise crack.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Rob
    > Colorado Springs

    Weird, asking question about Solaris on sgi group, no wonder you are
    being flamed.

    FYI,
    xset s noblank
    should do the trick.

    S.Chang

  7. To clarify

    Hello,

    As a clarification issue, I'm posting this in an SGI room because blanktime is an SGI command. I would like to know if there is a Solaris equivalent to the SGI command blanktime. I also posted the question on the Solaris sys admin news group because it is also a Solaris question.

    I would like to thank tux from #sgi for giving me a hand with direction to research.

    Happy Holidays,

    Rob
    "S.Chang" wrote in message news:jw7Eb.84516$Y72.16881@news-lhr.blueyonder.co.uk...
    Rob Ramsey wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > What are newsgroups and chat rooms for if not the exchange of
    > information? Almost all Unix shops have heterogeneous networks and why
    > would my question be unusual? If you're hanging out in #sgi and you
    > monitor this news group than it is because you have something to share;
    > be it information or opinions. You could do the right thing and give me
    > some help rather than a wise crack.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Rob
    > Colorado Springs

    Weird, asking question about Solaris on sgi group, no wonder you are
    being flamed.

    FYI,
    xset s noblank
    should do the trick.