    Thanks,

    Kevin

  2. Re: Problem with DNS on Irix 6.5

    On 2003-12-09, kevin wrote:
    > I have a problem about DNS on Irix 6.5. I locate the SGI Octane on a
    > LAN. I can ping any IP address through the router to outside. I can
    > not ping the corresponding Domain Name for the corresponding IP. The
    > Netscape can not find any URL, such as www.google.com. The error
    > message is " can not find the DNS entry".
    >
    > Can you tell me what can be the problems ?

    DNS configuration error

    Place a line containing "nameserver A.B.C.D" (without quotes, with
    A.B.C.D being the _ip_ address of your nearest nameserver) in
    /etc/resolv.conf

    --
    wave++ (also known, in some places, as "Yuri D'Elia") http://www.yuv.info/
    WARNING: the email address is fake! See the TXT record!

  3. Re: Problem with DNS on Irix 6.5

    In article <6b1151c5.0312091453.480cfe80@posting.google.com>,
    kevin wrote:
    :I have a problem about DNS on Irix 6.5. I locate the SGI Octane on a
    :LAN. I can ping any IP address through the router to outside. I can
    :not ping the corresponding Domain Name for the corresponding IP. The
    :Netscape can not find any URL, such as www.google.com. The error
    :message is " can not find the DNS entry".

    What's in your /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/nsswitch.conf ?
    --
    Feep if you love VT-52's.

  4. Re: Problem with DNS on Irix 6.5

    Dans article <6b1151c5.0312091453.480cfe80@posting.google.com>,
    kevinjin@hotmail.com disait...

    > Can you tell me what can be the problems ?

    Common problem : /etc/nsswitch.conf should have

    hosts : files dns nis

    for 99.9% people.
    Most of the time it has some other non-working configuration.

    --
    Quis, quid, ubi, quibus auxiliis, cur, quomodo, quando?

+ Reply to Thread