DISABLE an ACCOUNT by time - SGI

This is a discussion on DISABLE an ACCOUNT by time - SGI ; Hi all, I'm using an indy running irix5.3: is there a way to disable an account after a time period defined by the administrator? So I create this account, then after 3 months it will be auto-disabled by the system. ...

  1. DISABLE an ACCOUNT by time

    Hi all,

    I'm using an indy running irix5.3: is there a way to disable an account
    after a time period defined by the administrator?

    So I create this account, then after 3 months it will be auto-disabled
    by the system.

    How can I do this?

    Thanks
    Marco

  2. Re: DISABLE an ACCOUNT by time

    On 2003-12-04, Marco Fontana wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm using an indy running irix5.3: is there a way to disable an account
    > after a time period defined by the administrator?
    >
    > So I create this account, then after 3 months it will be auto-disabled
    > by the system.
    >
    > How can I do this?

    passwd -n 91 -x 90 account

    You enforce a password change in 90 days, but since the minimum change
    time is greater than max (-n), the password expires and only root would
    be able to unlock it.

    See the passwd(1) manpage.

    --
    wave++ (also known, in some places, as "Yuri D'Elia") http://www.yuv.info/
    The email address is fake (thanks swen)! You know how to contact me anyway.

  3. THANK YOU

    > On 2003-12-04, Marco Fontana wrote:
    > > Hi all,

    > > I'm using an indy running irix5.3: is there a way to disable an account
    > > after a time period defined by the administrator?

    > > So I create this account, then after 3 months it will be auto-disabled
    > > by the system.

    > > How can I do this?

    > passwd -n 91 -x 90 account

    > You enforce a password change in 90 days, but since the minimum change
    > time is greater than max (-n), the password expires and only root would
    > be able to unlock it.

    > See the passwd(1) manpage.

    Thank you wave++
    Marco