evo software incompatable with 19m - SGI

This is a discussion on evo software incompatable with 19m - SGI ; Hi, I'm running IRIX 6.5.19m. I've just installed the EVO video board into my Octane. I'm getting nasty errors when I try to install the software. evo.sw.eoe (1274627333) is incompatible with eoe.sw.base (1278786820) evo.sw.demos (1274627333) is incompatible with eoe.sw.base (1278786820) ...

  1. evo software incompatable with 19m

    Hi,
    I'm running IRIX 6.5.19m. I've just installed the EVO video board into my
    Octane. I'm getting nasty errors when I try to install the software.

    evo.sw.eoe (1274627333) is incompatible with eoe.sw.base (1278786820)

    evo.sw.demos (1274627333) is incompatible with eoe.sw.base (1278786820)

    evo.man.relnotes (1274627333) is incompatible with eoe.sw.base
    (1278786820)

    evo.books.OctPersVid_PG (1274627333) is incompatible with eoe.sw.base

    Whats the best way to resolve this?

    thanks
    *********************
    Khalid Schofield
    System Administrator / EM Technician
    Dept. Of Materials
    University Of Oxford
    Parks Road
    Oxford
    OX1 3PH

    Tel: 01865 273785
    Fax: 01865 283333

  2. Re: evo software incompatable with 19m

    Just looked deeper on support.sgi.com and there is an updated driver for
    the EVO board. BUT I can't get access to it. Does someone have this file /
    these files? Can someone tell me where I can get them? Tomorrow I'll call
    SGI in Reading (UK) and chat to them but would be great to get advice from
    you peeps in the mean time as I'm sure they will say support contract and
    thats way too much :-(

    *********************

    On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Khalid Schofield wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I'm running IRIX 6.5.19m. I've just installed the EVO video board into my
    > Octane. I'm getting nasty errors when I try to install the software.
    >
    > evo.sw.eoe (1274627333) is incompatible with eoe.sw.base (1278786820)
    >
    > evo.sw.demos (1274627333) is incompatible with eoe.sw.base (1278786820)
    >
    > evo.man.relnotes (1274627333) is incompatible with eoe.sw.base
    > (1278786820)
    >

    > evo.books.OctPersVid_PG (1274627333) is incompatible with eoe.sw.base
    >
    > Whats the best way to resolve this?
    >
    > thanks
    > *********************
    > Khalid Schofield
    > System Administrator / EM Technician
    > Dept. Of Materials
    > University Of Oxford
    > Parks Road
    > Oxford
    > OX1 3PH
    >
    > Email: khalid.schofield@materials.ox.ac.uk
    > Tel: 01865 273785
    > Fax: 01865 283333
    > Web: http://www-em.materials.ox.ac.uk/peo...eld/index.html

  3. Re: evo software incompatable with 19m

    Khalid Schofield wrote:
    > Just looked deeper on support.sgi.com and there is an updated driver for
    > the EVO board. BUT I can't get access to it. Does someone have this file /
    > these files? Can someone tell me where I can get them? Tomorrow I'll call
    > SGI in Reading (UK) and chat to them but would be great to get advice from
    > you peeps in the mean time as I'm sure they will say support contract and
    > thats way too much :-(

    hm... ain't there an updated driver on your IRIX Update CDs (or files),
    in the unbundled directory? Note that you'll need to have the original
    drivers opened in swmgr, too.

    Cheers
    Andreas

  4. Octane video and divx using EVO

    Thanks for all the info on EVO. I have installed my EVO board and
    installed the latest drivers off of IRIX 6.5.19m disk3 in the unbundled
    directory. I digitized a movie today and all is great. I would strongly
    recomend the EVO board to anyone doing video on IRIX. I've installed yet
    another big disk on my Octane. It's a 160Gb IDE drive that I've connected
    to the SE SCSI bus using an A-card job :-) It's more than fast enough for
    the video. I do have a question. I want to divx the video. What format
    should I capture from VHS as? I will use a tool like avi2divx on my laptop
    (my laptop uses far far far far less power than my Octane and I pay the
    electric bill...). I'm using mediarecorder to capture video. What command
    line options would be best. Currently I'm using

    mediarecorder -media movie -source video -device evo -jack composite
    --movieoptions format=qt framesize=full audioenable=true audchannels=2
    audwidth=16 droppedframeserror=false -outputfile movie.mv

    What's the best format to use so I can just feed the file to avi2divx?

    Also dmrecord doesn't seem to support the EVO. Is this correct? Or am I
    doing something strange? What do you other peeps use with Octane video
    capture?

    Thanks for info peeps ;-)

    *********************

    On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Andreas Backhaus wrote:

    > Khalid Schofield wrote:
    > > Just looked deeper on support.sgi.com and there is an updated driver for
    > > the EVO board. BUT I can't get access to it. Does someone have this file /
    > > these files? Can someone tell me where I can get them? Tomorrow I'll call
    > > SGI in Reading (UK) and chat to them but would be great to get advice from
    > > you peeps in the mean time as I'm sure they will say support contract and
    > > thats way too much :-(

    > hm... ain't there an updated driver on your IRIX Update CDs (or files),
    > in the unbundled directory? Note that you'll need to have the original
    > drivers opened in swmgr, too.
    >

    > Cheers
    > Andreas

  5. Re: Octane video and divx using EVO

    Khalid Schofield wrote:
    > Thanks for all the info on EVO. I have installed my EVO board and
    > installed the latest drivers off of IRIX 6.5.19m disk3 in the unbundled
    > directory. I digitized a movie today and all is great. I would strongly
    > recomend the EVO board to anyone doing video on IRIX.

    it's almost the only board available, so there isn't that much choice
    anyway ...

    Video in works quite well, but IRIX (or the evo drivers) have a bug and thus
    the video output from mediaplayer and moviemaker does not work.

    > What's the best format to use so I can just feed the file to avi2divx?

    erm ... do the codecs in 6.5.19 support quicktime and/or avi files larger
    than 2 GB ? If not, there is no really usefull way ...

    I usually record the data in a proprietary raw format and split them into
    single frames, because neither quicktime movies nor sgi movies seem to be
    able to handle that large video files well, so I'm forced to work with
    directories containing separate frames instead of 'handy' videofiles.

    But transfering gigabytes of uncompressed video through a 'slow' 100MBit/s
    network screems for a lot of patience ...

+ Reply to Thread