sgi_ssh startup script lost ? - SGI

This is a discussion on sgi_ssh startup script lost ? - SGI ; I just reinstalled openssh from SGI distribution 4th overlay CD 6.5.19m. Anyway I noticed there is no ssh startup script in /etc/init.d so that it is not avaliable with chkconfig configuration to enable or disable the service Is the startup ...

  1. sgi_ssh startup script lost ?

    I just reinstalled openssh from SGI distribution 4th overlay CD 6.5.19m.
    Anyway I noticed there is no ssh startup script in /etc/init.d
    so that it is not avaliable with chkconfig configuration to enable or
    disable the service
    Is the startup script located into another software package ?
    I have installed all the openssl.* openssh.* packages from the 4th Overlay
    CD and I can't find the ssh startup script....
    thank you very much

    Rick

  2. Re: sgi_ssh startup script lost ?

    I Apologize for the useless posting...
    when I installed openssh for some strange reason swmgr did not install
    openssh.sw.server

    I installed it with "inst"
    now everything is okay

    thanks

    Rick

    In article , Rick
    wrote:

    > I just reinstalled openssh from SGI distribution 4th overlay CD 6.5.19m.
    > Anyway I noticed there is no ssh startup script in /etc/init.d
    > so that it is not avaliable with chkconfig configuration to enable or
    > disable the service
    > Is the startup script located into another software package ?
    > I have installed all the openssl.* openssh.* packages from the 4th Overlay
    > CD and I can't find the ssh startup script....
    > thank you very much
    >
    > Rick

  3. Re: sgi_ssh startup script lost ?

    previously Rick may have written article
    saying:
    > I Apologize for the useless posting...
    > when I installed openssh for some strange reason swmgr did not install
    > openssh.sw.server

    It did that to me too.

    [[snip]
    --
    Giolla Decair
    "Missed it

  4. Re: sgi_ssh startup script lost ?

    Giolla Decair wrote:
    > previously Rick may have written article
    > saying:
    >> I Apologize for the useless posting...
    >> when I installed openssh for some strange reason swmgr did not install
    >> openssh.sw.server

    > It did that to me too.

    Quite simply, openssh.sw.server is not installed by default. You will need
    to explicitly select it both swmgr and inst. (I imagine you may have done
    'i *' in inst, which would have marked it for install without you noticing
    that it wouldn't have been installed otherwise.)

    Ivan
    --
    Ivan Rayner
    ivanr@sgi.com