Please help: O2 video capture with hardare compression? - SGI

This is a discussion on Please help: O2 video capture with hardare compression? - SGI ; Hi Can anyone tell me how to capture composite video on an O2 using hardware compression (ICE-JPEG)? I can specify it explicitly in dmrecord, but frames get dropped. I can't seem to specify it explicitly in mediarecorder... Kindest regards! Fourie...

  1. Please help: O2 video capture with hardare compression?

    Hi

    Can anyone tell me how to capture composite video on an O2 using
    hardware compression (ICE-JPEG)?

    I can specify it explicitly in dmrecord, but frames get dropped.

    I can't seem to specify it explicitly in mediarecorder...

    Kindest regards!

    Fourie

  2. Re: Please help: O2 video capture with hardare compression?

    I've been playing with that too.

    I've been using the svideo

    I get frames dropped after about 20 minutes of capturing full pal. I want
    to capture half pal. I need the options to do that. I was using dmrecord
    too. Theres a website that describes how to do this. Future technology
    reaserch. The info is under indigo2 video section.

    If you work out the option to capture half pal then let me know as it will
    fix my probs.

    Also capturing from composite is harder to compress as theres alot of
    ramdom noise in the signal that won't compress :-( Go capture digital NO
    PROB! COMPOSITE = harder :-(

    good luck

    *********************
    Khalid Schofield
    System Administrator / EM Technician
    Dept. Of Materials
    University Of Oxford
    Parks Road
    Oxford
    OX1 3PH

    Tel: 01865 273785
    Fax: 01865 283333

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Fourie Joubert wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to capture composite video on an O2 using
    > hardware compression (ICE-JPEG)?
    >
    > I can specify it explicitly in dmrecord, but frames get dropped.
    >
    > I can't seem to specify it explicitly in mediarecorder...
    >
    > Kindest regards!
    >
    > Fourie

  3. Re: Please help: O2 video capture with hardare compression?

    Fourie Joubert wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to capture composite video on an O2 using
    > hardware compression (ICE-JPEG)?
    >
    > I can specify it explicitly in dmrecord, but frames get dropped.

    how does your dmrecord command line look like? What type of O2 do you
    have? How much RAM? What type of hd?

    And most important: what type of composite video are you trying to capture?

    I have no problems capturing composite video, it heavily depends on the
    quality of the source. VHS and the like won't work without a TBC (though
    I *maybe* found a trick to reduce dropframes for VHS capture without a
    TBC )

    Cheers
    Andreas

+ Reply to Thread