Problems installing MIPSpro C compiler - SGI

This is a discussion on Problems installing MIPSpro C compiler - SGI ; I am trying to install 6.5.21 incl. the MIPSpro 7.4 C compiler from scratch on an old Origin 2000 (IP27). We just bought a brand-new set of CD's and we have the license key for the compiler. We also have ...

  1. Problems installing MIPSpro C compiler

    I am trying to install 6.5.21 incl. the MIPSpro 7.4 C compiler from
    scratch on an old Origin 2000 (IP27). We just bought a brand-new set
    of
    CD's and we have the license key for the compiler. We also have an
    old set of CD's with the base 6.5 system. I managed to get the OS
    running (uname -R report 6.5 6.5.21f) but I am having a hell of a time
    with the compiler. I cannot install the C front-end because dev.sw.lib
    is missing, and I cannot install dev.sw.lib because:

    dev.sw.lib (1274627340) is incompatible with eoe.sw.base (1289214920)
    1a. Do not install dev.sw.lib (1274627340)
    1b. Open new distribution to resolve conflict

    The list of CD's that I have is attached. Am I still missing
    something?
    E.g. is there a newer version of the Development Libraries that I
    should have? -- I am ready to start over and fx the system disk again
    if someone can outline a clean path for installing the OS and the
    compiler without having to manually resolve hundreds of conflicts.

    Thank you in advance!
    Ralf

    Our brand-new set of CD's:

    2003_08_mipspro_741m_maint_release
    2003_08_irix_65_applications
    2003_08_inst_tools_overl_4_4 (IRIX 6.5.21)
    2003_08_inst_tools_overl_3_4
    2003_08_inst_tools_overl_2_4
    2003_08_inst_tools_overl_1_4
    2002_11_dev_foundation_13
    2002_11_compiler_exec_env_74
    2002_11_c_compiler_74

    Old sets:

    2000_11_mipspro_7312m

    1999_05_mipspro_all_compiler_cd

    1998_06_oce_nfs_3
    1998_06_irix_65_foundation_2
    1998_06_irix_65_foundation_1
    1998_06_irix_65_dev_libraries
    1998_06_irix_65_dev_foundation

  2. Re: Problems installing MIPSpro C compiler

    In article ,
    Michael Hohn wrote:
    :I am trying to install 6.5.21 incl. the MIPSpro 7.4 C compiler from
    :scratch on an old Origin 2000 (IP27). We just bought a brand-new set of
    :CD's and we have the license key for the compiler. We also have an
    ld set of CD's with the base 6.5 system. I managed to get the OS
    :running (uname -R report 6.5 6.5.21f) but I am having a hell of a time
    :with the compiler. I cannot install the C front-end because dev.sw.lib
    :is missing, and I cannot install dev.sw.lib because:

    :dev.sw.lib (1274627340) is incompatible with eoe.sw.base (1289214920)
    : 1a. Do not install dev.sw.lib (1274627340)
    : 1b. Open new distribution to resolve conflict

    dev.sw.lib is updated by the overlays. So what you should do is
    open the IDF CD, then 'open' the overlays, then ask to install dev.sw.lib
    --
    Usenet is one of those "Good News/Bad News" comedy routines.

+ Reply to Thread