Accelerator Keys for Window Manipulation - SGI

This is a discussion on Accelerator Keys for Window Manipulation - SGI ; On the Desktop there are a set of accelerator keys that can be used for some window manipulation. For example, Alt-F9 iconizes the window that currently has the focus, etc. 1. Is there an on-line list of these? (I couldn't ...

  1. Accelerator Keys for Window Manipulation

    On the Desktop there are a set of accelerator keys that can be used for some
    window manipulation. For example, Alt-F9 iconizes the window that currently
    has the focus, etc.

    1. Is there an on-line list of these? (I couldn't find anything searching
    in Help | On-Line Books | End-User)

    2. Is there an accelerator for switching windows like alt-Tab in (sigh)
    Microsoft Windows and (sigh, sigh) Linux?

    3. Is there a way to customize these?

    Thanks
    Norm

  2. Re: Accelerator Keys for Window Manipulation

    "Norm Dresner" writes:

    [...]

    > 2. Is there an accelerator for switching windows like alt-Tab in (sigh)
    > Microsoft Windows and (sigh, sigh) Linux?

    there was a thread on this subject just a few days ago. on my 6.5.18f,
    Alt-Tab works just as you describe, out of the box.

  3. Re: Accelerator Keys for Window Manipulation

    "rb" wrote in message
    news:86r80rurcr.fsf@SanMarco.rationalbuilding.net. ..
    > "Norm Dresner" writes:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > > 2. Is there an accelerator for switching windows like alt-Tab in (sigh)
    > > Microsoft Windows and (sigh, sigh) Linux?

    > there was a thread on this subject just a few days ago. on my 6.5.18f,
    > Alt-Tab works just as you describe, out of the box.

    On my Indigo2 with 6.5.20.m it does nothing. Perhaps there's something
    I have to set to enable this?

    Norm

  4. Re: Accelerator Keys for Window Manipulation

    "Norm Dresner" writes:

    > "rb" wrote in message

    [...]

    >> > 2. Is there an accelerator for switching windows like alt-Tab in (sigh)
    >> > Microsoft Windows and (sigh, sigh) Linux?

    >> there was a thread on this subject just a few days ago. on my 6.5.18f,
    >> Alt-Tab works just as you describe, out of the box.

    > On my Indigo2 with 6.5.20.m it does nothing. Perhaps there's something
    > I have to set to enable this?

    not sure, but check out the thread "window switching with 4Dwm" in
    comp.sys.sgi.misc beginning 10-23.

    --

  5. Re: Accelerator Keys for Window Manipulation

    "rb" wrote in message
    news:86ism2vnbt.fsf@SanMarco.rationalbuilding.net. ..
    > "Norm Dresner" writes:
    >
    > > "rb" wrote in message

    > [...]

    (sigh)

    > >> there was a thread on this subject just a few days ago. on my 6.5.18f,
    > >> Alt-Tab works just as you describe, out of the box.

    > > On my Indigo2 with 6.5.20.m it does nothing. Perhaps there's

    something
    > > I have to set to enable this?

    > not sure, but check out the thread "window switching with 4Dwm" in
    > comp.sys.sgi.misc beginning 10-23.

    Aha! I don't read the c.s.s.misc group. No wonder I missed it. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread