TP9100 disk drive - SGI

This is a discussion on TP9100 disk drive - SGI ; I may have to replace a disk in a TP9100. Just a question regarding the disks in Column/Row: 1/1 and 4/4. Those have to be occupied for storage system management. Do they need to be SGI original disk drives or ...

  1. TP9100 disk drive

    I may have to replace a disk in a TP9100. Just a question regarding
    the disks in Column/Row: 1/1 and 4/4.

    Those have to be occupied for storage system management. Do they need
    to be SGI original disk drives or can they be replaced with standard
    non-SGI original disks. The cannister has a whole bunch of numbers on
    them but just by looking at the disks, they seem to be Seagate disks
    with no SGI part number on them.

    TIA

  2. Re: TP9100 disk drive

    Jim Lee wrote:

    > I may have to replace a disk in a TP9100. Just a question regarding
    > the disks in Column/Row: 1/1 and 4/4.
    >
    > Those have to be occupied for storage system management. Do they need
    > to be SGI original disk drives or can they be replaced with standard
    > non-SGI original disks. The cannister has a whole bunch of numbers on
    > them but just by looking at the disks, they seem to be Seagate disks
    > with no SGI part number on them.
    >
    > TIA

    If this TP9100 is configured as a RAID device the disk drives are not
    standard disks. RAID disks usually have larger sector sizes than normal
    disks with 512 byte blocks.

    Cheers
    John

+ Reply to Thread