nfs problems from newbee - SGI

This is a discussion on nfs problems from newbee - SGI ; hi out there... im totally new to sgi/irix and tried to share datas between mac os X and irix 6.2.... connected with standard ethernet cable...followed these four howtos to set up nfs server and client both on indigo2 and mac.... ...

  1. nfs problems from newbee

    hi out there...
    im totally new to sgi/irix and tried to share datas between mac os X
    and irix 6.2.... connected with standard ethernet cable...followed
    these four howtos to set up nfs server and client both on indigo2 and
    mac.... but connecton wont happen...
    an indigo 2:

    mount -t nfs mac:/Volumes/irix /usr/irix
    mount: mac:/Volumes/irix server not responding: Port mapper failure -
    Unable to send
    NFS version 3 mount failed, trying NFS version 2
    mount: retrying
    /usr/irix
    NFS version 3 mount failed, trying NFS version 2 ... continues

    on mac get something similar like Port mapper failure...

    is there any hidden task to set on ? any tips ??? thanx,
    #kirm3s#

  2. Re: nfs problems from newbee

    Make sure the voilume has been exported first "exportfs" if has not been
    exported. exportfs -a. I don't thin you have to use the -t option. just
    use "mount".

    "kirmes" wrote in message
    news:61afc88d.0310201407.392a3c31@posting.google.c om...
    > hi out there...
    > im totally new to sgi/irix and tried to share datas between mac os X
    > and irix 6.2.... connected with standard ethernet cable...followed
    > these four howtos to set up nfs server and client both on indigo2 and
    > mac.... but connecton wont happen...
    > an indigo 2:
    >
    > mount -t nfs mac:/Volumes/irix /usr/irix
    > mount: mac:/Volumes/irix server not responding: Port mapper failure -
    > Unable to send
    > NFS version 3 mount failed, trying NFS version 2
    > mount: retrying
    > /usr/irix
    > NFS version 3 mount failed, trying NFS version 2 ... continues
    >
    > on mac get something similar like Port mapper failure...
    >
    > is there any hidden task to set on ? any tips ??? thanx,
    > #kirm3s#

+ Reply to Thread