SGI games...... - SGI

This is a discussion on SGI games...... - SGI ; Hi, Where are the games fight, bz tank etc........ Are they on the Irix freeware disks or is this some other disk? Thanks Gary...

  1. SGI games......

    Hi,

    Where are the games fight, bz tank etc........ Are they on the Irix
    freeware disks or is this some other disk?

    Thanks

    Gary

  2. Re: SGI games......

    There are some on http://www.sgi.com/fun/freeware/games.html
    Have fun!

    Jeroen

    "codeman" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Where are the games fight, bz tank etc........ Are they on the Irix
    > freeware disks or is this some other disk?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Gary

  3. Re: SGI games......

    codeman wrote:

    > Where are the games fight, bz tank etc........ Are they on the Irix
    > freeware disks or is this some other disk?

    If you are a fan of LucasArts games you will have to take a look at
    ScumVM, there is a pre-compiled binary available on www.nekochan.net.

    Regards

  4. Re: SGI games......

    Syn wrote:

    > codeman wrote:
    >
    > > Where are the games fight, bz tank etc........ Are they on the Irix
    > > freeware disks or is this some other disk?

    > If you are a fan of LucasArts games you will have to take a look at
    > ScumVM, there is a pre-compiled binary available on www.nekochan.net.
    >
    > Regards

    The correct name is scummvm - don´t know what the second m is for...
    The actual version is 0.5.1 and I must say I love it! And my kids...

    BTW, does anybody know why LucasArts canceled Hell on Wheels?
    This part 2 of Full Throttle was already announced and screenshots
    looked promising... now how to get through christmas without it?

    Walther

  5. Re: SGI games......

    Hi,

    Walther Mathieu wrote:

    > The correct name is scummvm - don´t know what the second m is for...

    That's for "Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion" as you can read
    on their Homepage at .

    > The actual version is 0.5.1 and I must say I love it!

    Yeah, it's really to play through all those classics ("Day of the
    Tentacle" is still my favourite - with "Sam & Max" coming second).

    Dominik.

  6. Re: SGI games......

    Dominik Schlütter wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Walther Mathieu wrote:
    >
    > > The correct name is scummvm - don´t know what the second m is for...

    > That's for "Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion" as you can read
    > on their Homepage at .
    >
    > > The actual version is 0.5.1 and I must say I love it!

    > Yeah, it's really to play through all those classics ("Day of the
    > Tentacle" is still my favourite - with "Sam & Max" coming second).
    >
    > Dominik.

    IMO the finest - not running with scummvm yet :-( - are "Full Throttle",
    which one has to own a bike to fully understand, and (pretty far ahead):
    "Grim Fandango", a sheer masterpiece of art, in both graphics and audio.

    Walther

+ Reply to Thread