FIRSTNAME.LASTNAME@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is is safe to just move the entirety of /usr/freeware from one disk to another?
>
> Say I currently have it all on one disk. Now I buy another and mount
> it as /usr2. Can I copy the original /usr/freeware to /usr2/freeware
> and make a symbolic link from /usr/freeware to /usr2/freeware and have
> everything working as before?
>
> Thanks,
> Robert Raschke

Yes, of course. And if you don not have anything else on the extra disk
you might even consider to mount it as /usr/freeware.

You wil then mount the new disk under /t while you copy the data.
Then after you have assured yourself that the copy went OK, umount /t
and mount the new disk under /usr/freeware.

Cheers
John