NTP daemon in IRIX ? - SGI

This is a discussion on NTP daemon in IRIX ? - SGI ; Hello, Is an NTP daemon included in IRIX itself ? If which product do I need to install ? It looks like it doens't exist in IRIX itself. Regards...

  1. NTP daemon in IRIX ?

    Hello,

    Is an NTP daemon included in IRIX itself ? If which product do I need to
    install ? It looks like it doens't exist in IRIX itself.

    Regards

  2. Re: NTP daemon in IRIX ?

    In article <3F89D0C2.98C6E979@NOSPAM_hotmail.com>,
    synuw wrote:
    :Is an NTP daemon included in IRIX itself ?

    No.

    :If which product do I need to
    :install ? It looks like it doens't exist in IRIX itself.

    fw_ntp from the Freeware CD or from freeware.sgi.com
    --
    "Mathematics? I speak it like a native." -- Spike Milligan

  3. Re: NTP daemon in IRIX ?

    Walter Roberson wrote:
    > In article <3F89D0C2.98C6E979@NOSPAM_hotmail.com>,
    > synuw wrote:
    >:Is an NTP daemon included in IRIX itself ?
    >
    > No.

    It'll be in 6.5.22.

    Ivan
    --
    Ivan Rayner
    ivanr@sgi.com

  4. Re: NTP daemon in IRIX ?

    Ivan Rayner wrote:

    > It'll be in 6.5.22.

    That's good news as I think NTP should really be delivered with the OS.
    Time synchronization is critical on production servers.

    Regards

  5. Re: NTP daemon in IRIX ?

    In article <3F8A6B25.9030007@hotmail.com>, Syn
    wrote:

    : Ivan Rayner wrote:
    :
    :
    : > It'll be in 6.5.22.
    :
    : That's good news as I think NTP should really be delivered with the OS.
    : Time synchronization is critical on production servers.

    IRIX has included many non-NTP time synchronizing daemons for a long time now.
    (timeslave, timed)

    Adding NTP to this mix, of course, is a welcome addition.

    Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler