SGI o2 doesn't boot automatically - SGI

This is a discussion on SGI o2 doesn't boot automatically - SGI ; Hello, I have a strange case where my o2 suddently doesn't boot automatically anymore. When I turn on my o2 I hear the sound playing but then nothing happens on the screen it stays black. The only solution I found ...

  1. SGI o2 doesn't boot automatically

    Hello,

    I have a strange case where my o2 suddently doesn't boot automatically
    anymore. When I turn on my o2 I hear the sound playing but then nothing
    happens on the screen it stays black. The only solution I found is to
    plug in a terminal into the serial port 1 and then I get this menu:

    System Maintenance Menu

    1) Start System
    2) Install System Software
    3) Run Diagnostics
    4) Recover System
    5) Enter Command Monitor

    If I do 1) then it starts as usual. But before I never had to do that,
    it would simply boot automatically. I can't remember messing up with
    system settings or so. Can someone help ? It would be much simplier if
    it would boot on it's own as before.

    Thanks

    Regards

  2. Re: SGI o2 doesn't boot automatically

    In article <3F892D31.6B14AEA1@NOSPAM_hotmail.com>,
    synuw wrote:
    :I have a strange case where my o2 suddently doesn't boot automatically
    :anymore. When I turn on my o2 I hear the sound playing but then nothing
    :happens on the screen it stays black. The only solution I found is to
    lug in a terminal into the serial port 1 and then I get this menu:

    :System Maintenance Menu

    Try going into the monitor from there, and entering the command

    resetenv

    and chances are that things will work better afterwards.
    --
    Disobey all self-referential sentences!

+ Reply to Thread