irix 6.5; how to add usergroups? - SGI

This is a discussion on irix 6.5; how to add usergroups? - SGI ; Hi, I inherited an octane with IRIX 6.5 installed and I don't know too much about it (neither unix). My problem now is that I can't add any groups (used to set up mysql-server). I looked in the gui-usermanager; there ...

  1. irix 6.5; how to add usergroups?

    Hi,
    I inherited an octane with IRIX 6.5 installed and I don't know too much
    about it (neither unix).
    My problem now is that I can't add any groups (used to set up
    mysql-server). I looked in the gui-usermanager; there it seems I can
    only add users. I tried groupadd. But this command doesn't seem to exist
    (I tried "find . -name groupadd -print" as root in the root dir, but no
    results, so it's not a path problem).

    any help appreciated
    Tino

  2. Re: irix 6.5; how to add usergroups?

    In article <3f830889$1@news.unibe.ch>,
    Tino Boss wrote:
    :I inherited an octane with IRIX 6.5 installed and I don't know too much
    :about it (neither unix).
    : My problem now is that I can't add any groups (used to set up
    :mysql-server).

    Edit /etc/group -- it's a plain text file.
    --
    IEA408I: GETMAIN cannot provide buffer for WATLIB.

  3. Re: irix 6.5; how to add usergroups?

    well... I just found how to do it manually:
    http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/...LE23214-PARENT

    there doesn't seem to be any command-line tools (unless this guide
    forgets to mention them).

    > My problem now is that I can't add any groups (used to set up
    > mysql-server).

+ Reply to Thread