O2 6.5.21m xlock problem - SGI

This is a discussion on O2 6.5.21m xlock problem - SGI ; Hi all. Anybody run into this problem? A couple of weeks ago I upgraded our two O2 workstations to 6.5.21m. Since the upgrade, if a user is logged onto either of these machines and xlock kicks in, xlock wont let ...

  1. O2 6.5.21m xlock problem

    Hi all.

    Anybody run into this problem? A couple of weeks ago I upgraded our two
    O2 workstations to 6.5.21m. Since the upgrade, if a user is logged onto
    either of these machines and xlock kicks in, xlock wont let the user
    back in! Neither the user password, nor root password works. To get
    back to the session one must log on to the machine remotely and kill
    xlock from the new session. Of course then you've lost your protection
    on the original session.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks...

    Cheers,
    Mike

    --
    __________________________________________________ ____________________Mike
    Casey

    email: mcasey@phys.ocean.dal.ca
    workhone: (902)494-2976
    FAX: (902)494-2885

  2. Re: O2 6.5.21m xlock problem

    In article <3F8301BF.FADE8AD0@phys.ocean.dal.ca>,
    Mike Casey wrote:
    >Hi all.
    >
    >Anybody run into this problem? A couple of weeks ago I upgraded our two
    >O2 workstations to 6.5.21m. Since the upgrade, if a user is logged onto
    >either of these machines and xlock kicks in, xlock wont let the user
    >back in! ....

    chmod u+s /usr/bin/X11/xlock

    --
    Daniel Packman
    NCAR/ACD

  3. Re: O2 6.5.21m xlock problem

    Hi again.

    Not paying attention to what I was doing, I didn't notice the previous
    posts on this matter which answer my question. Sorry to bug everyone.

    Cheers,
    Mike

    __________________________________________________ _________________________
    Mike Casey