Strangely I've had an easier time dual booting Windows and one Linux
distro than trying to add another Linux distro to the mix.

Or for that matter, no Windows at all and two Linux distros.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish.:

Windows on one drive.

Ubuntu and Fedora on another drive.

That's actually what I've got right now.

I installed Ubuntu last since (in the past) I've found that Debuntu
seems to do a much better job of finding other OS's than any other distro.

Unfortunately it didn't this time. And maybe it's because of how they
are installed.

As stated previously, I've got one drive with both Fedora and Ubuntu on it.

At first I created one fat32 partition at the beginning of the drive and
made it half of the drive's size. Then I left the rest of the space
unallocated. I've never been able to get LVM to (seemingly) work
(install) with 2 different distros on the same drive without having a
non-Linux partition on the drive to start with.

I then installed Fedora (with LVM) and had it install in the unallocated
space. I then booted into Fedora and everything was peachy.

Then I erased the fast32 partition and left the space unallocated. Then
I installed Ubuntu there. Now when I boot GRUB gives me the options of
booting both Windows or Ubuntu but Fedora is nowhere to be found.

Here's the output of "fdisk -l"

[.....]

Disk /dev/sdd: 500.1 GB, 500107862016 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 60801 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x90909090

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sdd1 30406 30418 104422+ 83 Linux
/dev/sdd2 * 1 29648 238147528+ 83 Linux
/dev/sdd3 30419 60801 244051447+ 8e Linux LVM
/dev/sdd4 29649 30405 6080602+ 5 Extended
/dev/sdd5 29649 30405 6080571 82 Linux swap / Solaris

I'm not sure what to make of this. Ubuntu is in on sdd2 and Fedora is
on sdd3 and it looks like only sdd3 has LVM (?).

So then....

How do I get GRUB to recognize everything it has now (Ubuntu and
Windows) +Fedora and...

If in fact only Fedora has LVM how do I install both Fedora and Ubuntu
on the same drive and have each utilize LVM?

Thanks.

--
Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com