wireless help - Setup

This is a discussion on wireless help - Setup ; Hi , Can't get online with linux. I have a linksys wireless g card set up for windowsxp, but none of my linux programs recognizes the card. how do you get the card to work. help...

  1. wireless help

    Hi ,

    Can't get online with linux. I have a linksys wireless g card set up
    for windowsxp, but none of my linux programs recognizes the card. how
    do you get the card to work.
    help

  2. Re: wireless help

    On 3 oct, 07:54, cyloaft...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi ,
    >
    > Can't get online with linux. I have a linksys wireless g card set up
    > for windowsxp, but none of my linux programs recognizes the card. how
    > do you get the card to work.
    > help

    have a look at ndiswrapper it use the Windows driver to run under a
    Linux.
    Regards
    Zoot

  3. Re: wireless help

    cyloafterx@gmail.com ha scritto:
    > Hi ,
    >
    > Can't get online with linux. I have a linksys wireless g card set up
    > for windowsxp, but none of my linux programs recognizes the card. how
    > do you get the card to work.
    > help

    I succeeded to have a wifi adapter with same chipset working with Ubuntu
    Dapper (2.6.15 kernel) by compiling a driver found somewhere by googling
    (don't remember where and how The same could not be compiled against
    the kernel of Ubuntu Feisty. This was filed as a kernel bug, but it was
    not fixed because it was supposed to be fixed in the next release
    (Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon). I tried the last beta of Gutsy ... and my wifi
    adapter was recognized and worked as a charm without the need of adding
    any new driver !

    G.

+ Reply to Thread