How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP? - Setup

This is a discussion on How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP? - Setup ; How does one "mount" a file as a removable drive on Windows XP? Windows Dd freeware does a bit-for-bit faithful copy of a flash drive, which I performed, but what I ended up was with a file: C:\tmp>dd if=\\.\f: of=\\.\c:\flashcard.img ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

  1. How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    How does one "mount" a file as a removable drive on Windows XP?

    Windows Dd freeware does a bit-for-bit faithful copy of a flash drive,
    which I performed, but what I ended up was with a file:
    C:\tmp>dd if=\\.\f: of=\\.\c:\flashcard.img --progress

    Now I wish to "mount" that resulting file as a removable disk.

    How would one mount the file "flashcard.img" as a removable disk in WinXP?

  2. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    Donna Ohl wrote:
    > How does one "mount" a file as a removable drive on Windows XP?
    >
    > Windows Dd freeware does a bit-for-bit faithful copy of a flash drive,
    > which I performed, but what I ended up was with a file:
    > C:\tmp>dd if=\\.\f: of=\\.\c:\flashcard.img --progress
    >
    > Now I wish to "mount" that resulting file as a removable disk.
    >
    > How would one mount the file "flashcard.img" as a removable disk in WinXP?

    Why are you asking in a linux newsgroup?

    --
    Ron House
    rhouse@smartchat.net.au

  3. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:38:16 +1000, Ron House wrote:

    > Donna Ohl wrote:
    >> How does one "mount" a file as a removable drive on Windows XP?
    >> C:\tmp>dd if=\\.\f: of=\\.\c:\flashcard.img
    >> How would one mount the file "flashcard.img" as a removable disk in WinXP?

    > Why are you asking in a linux newsgroup?

    Most Linux users know how to mount file systems and many Linux users are
    also Windows users (think vmware) so they might know also about how to
    mount a dd-created filesystem onto a Windows laptop.

    Most Windows users are clueless as to how to mount a file as a file system,
    of which I am one.

    Probably one in ten thousand knows the answer to this question, so, that's
    why the wide berth.

  4. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:43:00 -0700, Donna Ohl wrote:

    > On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:38:16 +1000, Ron House wrote:
    >
    >> Donna Ohl wrote:
    >>> How does one "mount" a file as a removable drive on Windows XP?
    >>> C:\tmp>dd if=\\.\f: of=\\.\c:\flashcard.img
    >>> How would one mount the file "flashcard.img" as a removable disk in WinXP?

    >> Why are you asking in a linux newsgroup?

    > Most Linux users know how to mount file systems and many Linux users are
    > also Windows users (think vmware) so they might know also about how to
    > mount a dd-created filesystem onto a Windows laptop.
    >
    > Most Windows users are clueless as to how to mount a file as a file system,
    > of which I am one.
    >
    > Probably one in ten thousand knows the answer to this question, so, that's
    > why the wide berth.

    ****, Ohl, I have ten guys in my office alone that knows the answer to
    this. So that blOHLs your stats to hell and back. lol!!

  5. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 20:02:24 -0700, Donna Ohl quoth:

    > How would one mount the file "flashcard.img" as a removable disk in WinXP?

    I did a quick google and came across vdk but I am not 100% sure this is
    what you had in mind. check it out. let it be known if you get a solution
    - I'd be curious.

    see or go
    to the vdk website.

    Felmon

  6. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Mon 27 Oct08 03:02, Donna Ohl wrote in
    :

    > How does one "mount" a file as a removable drive on Windows XP?
    >
    > Windows Dd freeware does a bit-for-bit faithful copy of a flash
    > drive, which I performed, but what I ended up was with a file:
    > C:\tmp>dd if=\\.\f: of=\\.\c:\flashcard.img --progress
    >
    > Now I wish to "mount" that resulting file as a removable disk.
    >
    > How would one mount the file "flashcard.img" as a removable disk in
    > WinXP?

    Hello "Donna"

    I see you have been active lately and posting to the boards. I guess
    it's been long enough since you did your last the last few major
    trolls.

    How many people you can sucker into this one? As usual, posters will
    be able to hover around helping and then you can add a bit more to
    your problem and get them to try and solve that and then afterwards
    you can add a bit more or complicate the picture by saying what
    unexpected errors you hit. And so on. Finally, once you have drawn
    the poor helpful posters into a long and protected debate for as long
    you can and you have taken the subject into some obscure technical
    corner .. you tell them the answer! Heh heh! Nice the payoff moment
    for all your careful work.

    Of course, it isn't quite over at that point. If the suckers (er, I
    mean, helpful posters) realize what's happened then can't be baited
    all over again. So you profusely thank them all for their tremendous
    input ... and then soon after start all over again.

    It's always interesting to watch your masterful baiting unfold.

    I must apologize because you won't want to let this post of mine spoil
    your plans. I'll expect your reply perhaps along the lines of

    "I'm only seeking information and knowledge, what's
    wrong with that, I need help, poor me, I'm only a little
    old lady trying to learn about the Internet/domestic
    appliances/ heating/air conditioning, oh it's so
    confusing, don't be nasty I want nice people to answer,
    etc".

    Very rewardingly, you sometimes manage to get the more easily duped
    posters to post a defense for you! Heh heh. Lovely! Bring a smile
    every time.

    "Basic advice for an oven bake element house fire" in alt.home repair
    two weeks ago looks like a nice one which didn't go as far as you
    could have taken it. Other nice ones are "Quick basic advice on a
    dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater" and "Stopping Sporge tutorial
    using NewsProxy", "Is anything major missing from this first-pass
    freeware filing", "How to manage the WinXP start menu OUTSIDE of
    "Documents and Settings".

    Best wishes.

    Franklin

  7. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    "Donavan Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond"
    wrote in message
    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:43:00 -0700, Donna Ohl wrote:

    >>> Why are you asking in a linux newsgroup?

    >> Most Linux users know how to mount file systems and many Linux users are
    >> also Windows users (think vmware) so they might know also about how to
    >> mount a dd-created filesystem onto a Windows laptop.
    >>
    >> Most Windows users are clueless as to how to mount a file as a file
    >> system,
    >> of which I am one.
    >>
    >> Probably one in ten thousand knows the answer to this question, so,
    >> that's
    >> why the wide berth.

    > ****, Ohl, I have ten guys in my office alone that knows the answer to
    > this. So that blOHLs your stats to hell and back. lol!!

    Ok Donavan, how do you do it? OPs stats may be off, but the general issue
    of how to mount a file as a removable disk is still a valid question for
    Windows users. This is simply something that hasn't been needed in Windows
    until the advent of .ISO distributions. Even now, the "party line" answer
    from MS is to burn the ISO file to a CD or DVD R/W disk.

    Mike.

  8. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Mon 27 Oct08 12:03, Michael D. Ober
    wrote in :

    > "Franklin" wrote in message
    >> On Mon 27 Oct08 03:02, Donna Ohl wrote in
    >> :
    >>
    >>> How does one "mount" a file as a removable drive on Windows XP?
    >>>
    >>> Windows Dd freeware does a bit-for-bit faithful copy of a flash
    >>> drive, which I performed, but what I ended up was with a file:
    >>> C:\tmp>dd if=\\.\f: of=\\.\c:\flashcard.img --progress
    >>>
    >>> Now I wish to "mount" that resulting file as a removable disk.
    >>>
    >>> How would one mount the file "flashcard.img" as a removable disk
    >>> in WinXP?

    >> Hello "Donna"
    >>
    >> I see you have been active lately and posting to the boards. I
    >> guess it's been long enough since you did your last the last few
    >> major trolls.
    >>
    >> How many people you can sucker into this one? As usual, posters
    >> will be able to hover around helping and then you can add a bit
    >> more to your problem and get them to try and solve that and then
    >> afterwards you can add a bit more or complicate the picture by
    >> saying what unexpected errors you hit. And so on. Finally, once
    >> you have drawn the poor helpful posters into a long and protected
    >> debate for as long you can and you have taken the subject into some
    >> obscure technical corner .. you tell them the answer! Heh heh!
    >> Nice the payoff moment for all your careful work.
    >>
    >> Of course, it isn't quite over at that point. If the suckers (er, I
    >> mean, helpful posters) realize what's happened then can't be baited
    >> all over again. So you profusely thank them all for their
    >> tremendous input ... and then soon after start all over again.
    >>
    >> It's always interesting to watch your masterful baiting unfold.
    >>
    >> I must apologize because you won't want to let this post of mine
    >> spoil your plans. I'll expect your reply perhaps along the lines of
    >>
    >> "I'm only seeking information and knowledge, what's
    >> wrong with that, I need help, poor me, I'm only a little
    >> old lady trying to learn about the Internet/domestic
    >> appliances/ heating/air conditioning, oh it's so
    >> confusing, don't be nasty I want nice people to answer,
    >> etc".
    >>
    >> Very rewardingly, you sometimes manage to get the more easily duped
    >> posters to post a defense for you! Heh heh. Lovely! Bring a smile
    >> every time.
    >>
    >> "Basic advice for an oven bake element house fire" in alt.home
    >> repair two weeks ago looks like a nice one which didn't go as far
    >> as you could have taken it. Other nice ones are "Quick basic
    >> advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater" and "Stopping
    >> Sporge tutorial using NewsProxy", "Is anything major missing from
    >> this first-pass freeware filing", "How to manage the WinXP start
    >> menu OUTSIDE of "Documents and Settings".
    >>
    >> Best wishes.
    >>
    >> Franklin
    >>

    > Franklin - see my reply to Donavan. Even if OP is a troll, this
    > question has become a valid one for Windows users.
    >
    > Mike.

    Mike, you are correct and Donna likes to get a project going so "her"
    results are avilable for the IT community. How noble.

    I mentioned that "Donna" usually knows the answer in advance. Maybe you
    should just ask her and then the Windows users you are concerned about
    can all benefit.

    You have all the makings of being the sort of sucker Donna looks for.

    [groups restored]

  9. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Mon 27 Oct08 12:02, Michael D. Ober
    wrote in :

    > "Donavan Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond"
    > wrote in message

    >>> Most Linux users know how to mount file systems and many Linux
    >>> users are also Windows users (think vmware) so they might know
    >>> also about how to mount a dd-created filesystem onto a Windows
    >>> laptop.
    >>>
    >>> Most Windows users are clueless as to how to mount a file as a
    >>> file system,
    >>> of which I am one.
    >>>
    >>> Probably one in ten thousand knows the answer to this question,
    >>> so, that's
    >>> why the wide berth.

    >> ****, Ohl, I have ten guys in my office alone that knows the answer
    >> to this. So that blOHLs your stats to hell and back. lol!!
    >>

    > Ok Donavan, how do you do it? OPs stats may be off, but the general
    > issue of how to mount a file as a removable disk is still a valid
    > question for Windows users. This is simply something that hasn't
    > been needed in Windows until the advent of .ISO distributions. Even
    > now, the "party line" answer from MS is to burn the ISO file to a CD
    > or DVD R/W disk.
    >
    > Mike.

    Ask "Donna".

  10. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    Donna Ohl schrieb:

    > Most Linux users know how to mount file systems and many Linux users are
    > also Windows users (think vmware) so they might know also about how to
    > mount a dd-created filesystem onto a Windows laptop.

    Use a VM, then you can mount ISO files as drives.

    DoDi

  11. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
    > Donna Ohl schrieb:
    >
    >> Most Linux users know how to mount file systems and many Linux users are
    >> also Windows users (think vmware) so they might know also about how to
    >> mount a dd-created filesystem onto a Windows laptop.

    > Use a VM, then you can mount ISO files as drives.

    He didn't say ISO. He said filesystem.

    Daemontools is useful for mounting ISO: it's a Windows tool with a confusing
    same name as Dan Bernstein's UNIX tool for managing network services.
    Daemontools is especially helpful for games that insist you have the CD or DVD
    in place to play.

  12. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    Checking the old traffic, Franklin is a troll we've apparently not seen over
    here in comp.os.linux.setup before. Donna, apparently, is not, and actually
    had a reasonable question. (Although the excessive crossposting is unnecessary.)

  13. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 06:02:13 -0600, Michael D. Ober wrote:

    > "Donavan Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond"
    > wrote in message

    >>> Most Linux users know how to mount file systems and many Linux users are
    >>> also Windows users (think vmware) so they might know also about how to
    >>> mount a dd-created filesystem onto a Windows laptop.
    >>>
    >>> Most Windows users are clueless as to how to mount a file as a file
    >>> system,
    >>> of which I am one.
    >>>
    >>> Probably one in ten thousand knows the answer to this question, so,
    >>> that's
    >>> why the wide berth.

    >> ****, Ohl, I have ten guys in my office alone that knows the answer to
    >> this. So that blOHLs your stats to hell and back. lol!!
    >>

    > Ok Donavan, how do you do it?

    Ohl, quit morphing. It's unbecumming of a lady of your stature.

  14. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 06:02:13 -0600, Michael D. Ober wrote:

    >>> Most Linux users know how to mount file systems and many Linux users are
    >>> also Windows users (think vmware) so they might know also about how to
    >>> mount a dd-created filesystem onto a Windows laptop.
    >>>
    >>> Most Windows users are clueless as to how to mount a file as a file
    >>> system,
    >>> of which I am one.
    >>>
    >>> Probably one in ten thousand knows the answer to this question, so,
    >>> that's
    >>> why the wide berth.

    >> ****, Ohl, I have ten guys in my office alone that knows the answer to
    >> this. So that blOHLs your stats to hell and back. lol!!
    >>

    > Ok Donavan, how do you do it? OPs stats may be off,

    May be? May be? LOL! How long did it take you to flunk out of business
    college? Stat 101 did you in, right?
    --
    They say your heroes reflect the quantity and fullness of your life. I
    have three, hummingbird, Bear Botttoms

  15. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 06:03:55 -0600, Michael D. Ober wrote:

    > "Franklin" wrote in message
    >> On Mon 27 Oct08 03:02, Donna Ohl wrote in
    >> :
    >>
    >>> How does one "mount" a file as a removable drive on Windows XP?
    >>>
    >>> Windows Dd freeware does a bit-for-bit faithful copy of a flash
    >>> drive, which I performed, but what I ended up was with a file:
    >>> C:\tmp>dd if=\\.\f: of=\\.\c:\flashcard.img --progress
    >>>
    >>> Now I wish to "mount" that resulting file as a removable disk.
    >>>
    >>> How would one mount the file "flashcard.img" as a removable disk in
    >>> WinXP?

    >> Hello "Donna"
    >>
    >> I see you have been active lately and posting to the boards. I guess
    >> it's been long enough since you did your last the last few major
    >> trolls.
    >>
    >> How many people you can sucker into this one? As usual, posters will
    >> be able to hover around helping and then you can add a bit more to
    >> your problem and get them to try and solve that and then afterwards
    >> you can add a bit more or complicate the picture by saying what
    >> unexpected errors you hit. And so on. Finally, once you have drawn
    >> the poor helpful posters into a long and protected debate for as long
    >> you can and you have taken the subject into some obscure technical
    >> corner .. you tell them the answer! Heh heh! Nice the payoff moment
    >> for all your careful work.
    >>
    >> Of course, it isn't quite over at that point. If the suckers (er, I
    >> mean, helpful posters) realize what's happened then can't be baited
    >> all over again. So you profusely thank them all for their tremendous
    >> input ... and then soon after start all over again.
    >>
    >> It's always interesting to watch your masterful baiting unfold.
    >>
    >> I must apologize because you won't want to let this post of mine spoil
    >> your plans. I'll expect your reply perhaps along the lines of
    >>
    >> "I'm only seeking information and knowledge, what's
    >> wrong with that, I need help, poor me, I'm only a little
    >> old lady trying to learn about the Internet/domestic
    >> appliances/ heating/air conditioning, oh it's so
    >> confusing, don't be nasty I want nice people to answer,
    >> etc".
    >>
    >> Very rewardingly, you sometimes manage to get the more easily duped
    >> posters to post a defense for you! Heh heh. Lovely! Bring a smile
    >> every time.
    >>
    >> "Basic advice for an oven bake element house fire" in alt.home repair
    >> two weeks ago looks like a nice one which didn't go as far as you
    >> could have taken it. Other nice ones are "Quick basic advice on a
    >> dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater" and "Stopping Sporge tutorial
    >> using NewsProxy", "Is anything major missing from this first-pass
    >> freeware filing", "How to manage the WinXP start menu OUTSIDE of
    >> "Documents and Settings".
    >>
    >> Best wishes.
    >>
    >> Franklin
    >>

    > Franklin - see my reply to Donavan. Even if OP is a troll, this question
    > has become a valid one for Windows users.
    >
    > Mike.

    Mike freind, you see the bridge under it may be her.
    --
    Never fun to make of someone who speaks English with brokenness.
    It means another language is freind!

  16. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    "Donna Ohl" wrote in message
    > How does one "mount" a file as a removable drive on Windows XP?
    >
    > Windows Dd freeware does a bit-for-bit faithful copy of a flash drive,
    > which I performed, but what I ended up was with a file:
    > C:\tmp>dd if=\\.\f: of=\\.\c:\flashcard.img --progress
    >
    > Now I wish to "mount" that resulting file as a removable disk.
    >
    > How would one mount the file "flashcard.img" as a removable disk in WinXP?

    Daemon tools

    MJP

  17. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Mon 27 Oct08 14:29, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote in
    :

    > Checking the old traffic, Franklin is a troll we've apparently not
    > seen over here in comp.os.linux.setup before. Donna, apparently, is
    > not, and actually had a reasonable question. (Although the excessive
    > crossposting is unnecessary.)

    Hello Nico. If you say I am a troll then why have you replied? The logic
    isn't there. Your own posting history is somewhat dubious. The existence
    of a thread called "Operative Nico Kadel-Garcia Starts Handling On A
    Newbie" in tells me a lot.

    I must say it's hard to believe you have any shrewd judgement left if you
    have "checked the old traffic" and still managed to conclude that "Donna,
    apparently, is not".

    Of course, Donna's question is reasonable. She is streets ahead of you.
    She knows a duff question isn't going to work.

    As an aside, you wrote "Although the excessive crossposting is
    unnecessary". The same observations were made here in ACF for Donna's
    "Documents & Settings" thread. Some in ACF tried to help her out in case
    she was new. Oh dear. That was a misunderstanding.

  18. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    Franklin wrote:
    > On Mon 27 Oct08 14:29, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote in
    > :
    >
    >> Checking the old traffic, Franklin is a troll we've apparently not
    >> seen over here in comp.os.linux.setup before. Donna, apparently, is
    >> not, and actually had a reasonable question. (Although the excessive
    >> crossposting is unnecessary.)

    > Hello Nico. If you say I am a troll then why have you replied? The logic
    > isn't there. Your own posting history is somewhat dubious. The existence
    > of a thread called "Operative Nico Kadel-Garcia Starts Handling On A
    > Newbie" in tells me a lot.

    Folks who are sensible, let's pick a 'Followup-To:' group and get it off the
    others. Since the original question was about mounting filesystems on Windows,
    I suggest microsoft.pub.ic.windows.file_system, and am setting followups
    appropriately.

    Now, for this troll: Youngsters. I love youngsters. I went after Scientology
    when they were the worst spammers on the web and were forging cancellation
    messages for alt.religion.scientology. I'd never heard about the group, but
    took Usenet abuse fairly seriously. If you check the key facts, such as
    www.xenu.net, you'll find that it is in fact a 'ranting about scientology'
    site that is definitely not run by the scientologists themselves because it
    provides direct access to the cult's inner secrets. The scientologists claim,
    in court, that they can't and won't provide such access and have in fact
    confiscated evidence from the other side in court cases to prevent such
    access. (Look at the Grady Ward case history, if you're curious.) The e
    scientology history of refusing to discuss their criminality and inner secrets
    is verified by Paulette Cooper's 'The Scandal of Scientology' and the Time
    magazine article, 'Scientology Exposed'. . You'll find that Scientology's
    first webmaster, not OSA's first webmaster, was Jurian Massena, and he did in
    fact leave the cult after his contact with outsiders from
    alt.religion.scientology.

    So it's amusing that the worst Franklin could find about me in decades of my
    posting is from another troll, and that the other troll didn't even do a good
    job. Nice job, Franklin. "The exception proves the rule" once again, even if
    you don't realize that's what you just did.

  19. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 07:47:25 +0000, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

    > Franklin wrote:
    >> On Mon 27 Oct08 14:29, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote in
    >> :
    >>
    >>> Checking the old traffic, Franklin is a troll we've apparently not
    >>> seen over here in comp.os.linux.setup before. Donna, apparently, is
    >>> not, and actually had a reasonable question. (Although the excessive
    >>> crossposting is unnecessary.)

    >> Hello Nico. If you say I am a troll then why have you replied? The logic
    >> isn't there. Your own posting history is somewhat dubious. The existence
    >> of a thread called "Operative Nico Kadel-Garcia Starts Handling On A
    >> Newbie" in tells me a lot.

    > Folks who are sensible, let's pick a 'Followup-To:' group and get it off the
    > others.

    Naw, I'll use the same Xposts you did when you responded the last two
    times apparently, by your own admission, without any ****ing sense.

    See how that works, Lebo?
    --
    Meet Ari!
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/3wh3hh

  20. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Tue 28 Oct08 07:47, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
    > Franklin wrote:
    >> On Mon 27 Oct08 14:29, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
    >>
    >>> Checking the old traffic, Franklin is a troll we've apparently not
    >>> seen over here in comp.os.linux.setup before. Donna, apparently,
    >>> is not, and actually had a reasonable question. (Although the
    >>> excessive crossposting is unnecessary.)

    >> Hello Nico. If you say I am a troll then why have you replied? The
    >> logic isn't there. Your own posting history is somewhat dubious.
    >> The existence of a thread called "Operative Nico Kadel-Garcia
    >> Starts Handling On A Newbie" in tells me
    >> a lot.

    > Folks who are sensible, let's pick a 'Followup-To:' group and get it
    > off the others. Since the original question was about mounting
    > filesystems on Windows, I suggest
    > microsoft.pub.ic.windows.file_system, and am setting followups
    > appropriately.

    Nico, I don't read that group. Nor the Linux group you mention. Probably
    now best to follow the RFC's guidelines and use the xpost.

    > Now, for this troll: Youngsters. I love youngsters. I went after
    > Scientology when they were the worst spammers on the web and were
    > forging cancellation messages for alt.religion.scientology. I'd
    > never heard about the group, but took Usenet abuse fairly seriously.
    > If you check the key facts, such as www.xenu.net, you'll find that
    > it is in fact a 'ranting about scientology' site that is definitely
    > not run by the scientologists themselves because it provides direct
    > access to the cult's inner secrets. The scientologists claim, in
    > court, that they can't and won't provide such access and have in
    > fact confiscated evidence from the other side in court cases to
    > prevent such access. (Look at the Grady Ward case history, if you're
    > curious.) The e scientology history of refusing to discuss their
    > criminality and inner secrets is verified by Paulette Cooper's 'The
    > Scandal of Scientology' and the Time magazine article, 'Scientology
    > Exposed'. . You'll find that Scientology's first webmaster, not
    > OSA's first webmaster, was Jurian Massena, and he did in fact leave
    > the cult after his contact with outsiders from
    > alt.religion.scientology.

    It's quite a mess that you quote and I don't know what is quoted and what
    is commentary. What I can say with greater certainty is that you appear
    to show an obsessional and rather grandiose streak in almost single-
    handedly trying to take on the whole Scientology movement. Whether they
    are right or wrong, it somehow seems very unbalanced to wage a crusade of
    that sort and it gives insight into your approach which is not entirely
    to your credit.

    > So it's amusing that the worst Franklin could find about me in
    > decades of my posting is from another troll,

    Your Scientology post was the very first hit which comes up on Google
    Groups when your name is entered. Try it...

    <http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...&q=Nico+Kadel-
    Garcia&qt_s=Search>

    I didn't look any further because I didn't need to. It is unlikely to be,
    as you claim, the "the worst" I could find.

    > and that the other
    > troll didn't even do a good job. Nice job, Franklin. "The exception
    > proves the rule" once again, even if you don't realize that's what
    > you just did.

    Nico, what you display is of fargreater concern than anything I
    displayed. Your evident obsessionality seems to now be targetted towards
    this thread. The gratuitous and mendacious smear you made with does not
    seem to be enough for you now: "Checking the old traffic, Franklin is a
    troll we've apparently not seen over here in comp.os.linux.setup before.
    Donna, apparently, is not, and actually had a reasonable question."

    If you can't understand that Donna Ohl is an accomplished troll and your
    look through the history does not reveal that information to you then
    that hardly means you had to start insulting me and my posting.

    The way you sustain this thread suggests the real troll is closer to you
    than you might realize.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast