How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP? - Setup

This is a discussion on How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP? - Setup ; Franklin wrote: > If you can't understand that Donna Ohl is an accomplished troll and > your look through the history does not reveal that information to you > then that hardly means you had to start insulting me and ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 28 of 28

  1. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    Franklin wrote:

    > If you can't understand that Donna Ohl is an accomplished troll and
    > your look through the history does not reveal that information to you
    > then that hardly means you had to start insulting me and my posting.

    The history of "Donna" barely scratches the surface. S/he uses many
    different nyms.

    Say Franklin, some time ago you recommended freetext.usenetserver, but
    lately I've been unable to connect to it. Have you any information on its
    availability?

    -- -
    ACF trivia: http://preview.tinyurl.com/5g3yef

  2. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:14:53 GMT, Franklin wrote:
    >> How does one "mount" a file as a removable drive on Windows XP?

    > I see you have been active lately and posting to the boards.

    You're a sick man Franklin.
    It's a perfectly valid question.

  3. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:59:12 -0000, MJP wrote:
    > Daemon tools

    Hi MJP,
    Thanks for the Daemon Tools suggestion (and the suggestion from
    rich@nohome.com to try filedisk); I will test them both out on my
    Dd-created file image and let you know the results.

    My goal is to outline the steps to mount a Dd copied flash drive when it
    has been accidentally formatted so that others can repeat the task without
    having to go through all the research we're going through here. If we had
    that, we could close this thread.

    I'll take Nico Kadel-Garcia's suggestion to heart and move this question
    over to microsoft.public.windows.file_system (setting the followup
    accordingly). Over there, we can arrive at the step to recover an
    accidentally formatted flash drive by mounting a copy of the flash card,
    hopefully using Windows freeware.

    Thanks,
    Donna

    Note: These steps are not in the usenet record to my knowledge.
    PS: Here are the steps so far, including the accidental format:

    0. Place an SD card in your Nikon camera & snap a few photos
    1. Press the Nikon "format" menu item & note the JPGs appear to be gone
    (this is what happened to me accidentally)
    2. Use Dd freeware for Windows to force a bit-by-bit copy of the SD card
    C:\> dd if=\\.\f: of=\\.\c:\flashcard.img
    3. Mount that bit-for-bit copy of the flash card as a Windows file system
    (???) <<<<---- This is the question! How?
    4. Recover your lost photographs from the newly mounted IMG file system

  4. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    seydao@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:14:53 GMT, Franklin wrote:
    >>> How does one "mount" a file as a removable drive on Windows XP?

    >> I see you have been active lately and posting to the boards.

    > You're a sick man Franklin.
    > It's a perfectly valid question.

    Franklin is a troll, and pretty obviously one. Check his logs on Google
    Group's search features, killfile him, and move on.

  5. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:29:53 -0700, seydao@gmail.com wrote:

    > 69.110.17.235

    heh
    --
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/6glxm9

  6. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On 29 Oct 2008 06:29, seydao wrote in
    :

    > From: "seydao@gmail.com"

    "Seydao"? Huh? Surely not.

    69.110.17.235 Pacbell is used by Donna Trohl.

  7. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 01:39:32 -0400, Donavan Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond wrote:

    >> Most Windows users are clueless as to how to mount a file as a file system,
    >> of which I am one.

    > ****, Ohl, I have ten guys in my office alone that knows the answer to
    > this. So that blOHLs your stats to hell and back. lol!

    OK big shot. What's the syntax to mount that non iso file as a file system?

  8. Re: How would I mount a file as a copy of a removable disk in WinXP?

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 22:34:34 -0700, Bill Yanaire wrote:

    > On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 01:39:32 -0400, Donavan Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond wrote:
    >
    >>> Most Windows users are clueless as to how to mount a file as a file system,
    >>> of which I am one.

    >> ****, Ohl, I have ten guys in my office alone that knows the answer to
    >> this. So that blOHLs your stats to hell and back. lol!

    > OK big shot. What's the syntax to mount that non iso file as a file system?

    I take your dick, put it in a shredder and wait until you tell me before
    I turn it off.

    See, I don't need to know this stuff, I just need geekos with no life's
    like you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2