please help: Secure Connection for 3rd parties - Setup

This is a discussion on please help: Secure Connection for 3rd parties - Setup ; hi all, Now a days i'm deploying a RedHat server (RHEL) for Version control system and as a application server for VOD purposes. I need to give access to external parties (Banks, Application providers etc) to this server. please can ...

  1. please help: Secure Connection for 3rd parties

    hi all,

    Now a days i'm deploying a RedHat server (RHEL) for Version control
    system and as a application server for VOD purposes. I need to give
    access to external parties (Banks, Application providers etc) to this
    server.

    please can you guys help me to design a proper plan for giving secure
    connections for those parties??

    I think enabling SSL won't be enough for these kind of situation. Is
    there any security procedures that i have to take specially..??

    Please i really appreciate your help to solve this.

    thank you guys..

    best regards.

  2. Re: please help: Secure Connection for 3rd parties

    kaari writes:
    > Now a days i'm deploying a RedHat server (RHEL) for Version control
    > system and as a application server for VOD purposes. I need to give
    > access to external parties (Banks, Application providers etc) to this
    > server.

    > please can you guys help me to design a proper plan for giving secure
    > connections for those parties??

    $50/hour.
    --
    John Hasler
    john@dhh.gt.org

  3. Re: please help: Secure Connection for 3rd parties

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 07:19:43 -0500, John Hasler wrote:
    > kaari writes:
    >> Now a days i'm deploying a RedHat server (RHEL) for Version control
    >> system and as a application server for VOD purposes. I need to give
    >> access to external parties (Banks, Application providers etc) to this
    >> server.

    >> please can you guys help me to design a proper plan for giving secure
    >> connections for those parties??

    > $50/hour.

    Reports of a recession _must_ be true!

  4. Re: please help: Secure Connection for 3rd parties

    Allodoxaphobia wrote:
    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 07:19:43 -0500, John Hasler wrote:
    >> kaari writes:
    >>> Now a days i'm deploying a RedHat server (RHEL) for Version control
    >>> system and as a application server for VOD purposes. I need to give
    >>> access to external parties (Banks, Application providers etc) to this
    >>> server.
    >>> please can you guys help me to design a proper plan for giving secure
    >>> connections for those parties??

    >> $50/hour.

    > Reports of a recession _must_ be true!

    Heh. Either svn+ssh handling Subversion, or git. And I'm not cheap, but might
    be able to pry some time free this week for teleconsulting, and I've done this
    sort of thing for two different fiscal institutions in the last 3 years.

    There's a nasty, nasty bug for svn+ssh for Subversion 1.5.x on RHEL 5 which I
    just reported to the Subversion users mailing list, that breaks the ability to
    use svn+ssh and manage access on a user-by-user basis.

+ Reply to Thread