USB Headset Microphone to Headjack - Setup

This is a discussion on USB Headset Microphone to Headjack - Setup ; Hi Group I use ALSA for the audio things and i have 2 audio devices: 0 [ICH6 ]: ICH4 - Intel ICH6 Intel ICH6 with AD1981B at 0xc8c01000, irq 21 1 [Headset ]: USB-Audio - Logitech USB Headset Logitech Logitech ...

  1. USB Headset Microphone to Headjack

    Hi Group

    I use ALSA for the audio things and i have 2 audio devices:

    0 [ICH6 ]: ICH4 - Intel ICH6
    Intel ICH6 with AD1981B at 0xc8c01000, irq 21
    1 [Headset ]: USB-Audio - Logitech USB Headset
    Logitech Logitech USB Headset at usb-0000:00:1d.
    1-1, full speed

    I will record the voice from the Headset to a mp3 file and also hear
    the voice on the Intel sound card simultaneous. Then i will also have
    a wav file mixed with the voice (from the headset) on the Intel sound
    card.

    How can i do that? Any idea?

    Thank you for any advise.

    cu ivo

  2. Re: USB Headset Microphone to Headjack

    "googlegroups@ruetsche.com" wrote in

    > Hi Group
    >
    > I use ALSA for the audio things and i have 2 audio devices:
    >
    > 0 [ICH6 ]: ICH4 - Intel ICH6
    > Intel ICH6 with AD1981B at 0xc8c01000, irq 21
    > 1 [Headset ]: USB-Audio - Logitech USB Headset
    > Logitech Logitech USB Headset at usb-0000:00:1d.
    > 1-1, full speed
    >
    > I will record the voice from the Headset to a mp3 file and also hear
    > the voice on the Intel sound card simultaneous. Then i will also have
    > a wav file mixed with the voice (from the headset) on the Intel sound
    > card.
    >
    > How can i do that? Any idea?
    >
    > Thank you for any advise.

    http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/tour/audio/
    http://ardour.org/
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbmix/

  3. Re: USB Headset Microphone to Headjack

    Thank you for the response.

    I try all this out, but they are too complex (i try DBMix and ardour
    hours and hours) or i can't hear the voice on the Intel sound card...

    Maybe is there a simple bash tool or command around (piping a device
    or so)? Or a little gui tool, i think this is so simpel, but no simple
    solution.

    cu ivo

    On Oct 21, 8:11 am, propman wrote:
    > "googlegro...@ruetsche.com" wrote innews:82dd1577-ca6b-42a3-b0ed-87e2cc6cae24@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:
    >

    > > Hi Group

    > > I use ALSA for the audio things and i have 2 audio devices:

    > > 0 [ICH6 ]: ICH4 - Intel ICH6
    > > Intel ICH6 with AD1981B at 0xc8c01000, irq 21
    > > 1 [Headset ]: USB-Audio - Logitech USB Headset
    > > Logitech Logitech USB Headset at usb-0000:00:1d.
    > > 1-1, full speed

    > > I will record the voice from the Headset to a mp3 file and also hear
    > > the voice on the Intel sound card simultaneous. Then i will also have
    > > a wav file mixed with the voice (from the headset) on the Intel sound
    > > card.

    > > How can i do that? Any idea?

    > > Thank you for any advise.

    > http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/tour/...rojects/dbmix/

  4. Re: USB Headset Microphone to Headjack

    I found a very simpel solution:

    ecasound -a:1 -i alsahw,1,0 -a:2 -i hello.mp3 -a:1,2 -o alsahw,0,0

    Thats exact what i looking for ;-)

    cu ivo

    On Oct 21, 9:13 am, "googlegro...@ruetsche.com"
    wrote:
    > Thank you for the response.
    >
    > I try all this out, but they are too complex (i try DBMix and ardour
    > hours and hours) or i can't hear the voice on the Intel sound card...
    >
    > Maybe is there a simple bash tool or command around (piping a device
    > or so)? Or a little gui tool, i think this is so simpel, but no simple
    > solution.
    >
    > cu ivo
    >
    > On Oct 21, 8:11 am, propman wrote:
    >
    > > "googlegro...@ruetsche.com" wrote innews:82dd1577-ca6b-42a3-b0ed-87e2cc6cae24@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

    > > > Hi Group

    > > > I use ALSA for the audio things and i have 2 audio devices:

    > > > 0 [ICH6 ]: ICH4 - Intel ICH6
    > > > Intel ICH6 with AD1981B at 0xc8c01000, irq 21
    > > > 1 [Headset ]: USB-Audio - Logitech USB Headset
    > > > Logitech Logitech USB Headset at usb-0000:00:1d.
    > > > 1-1, full speed

    > > > I will record the voice from the Headset to a mp3 file and also hear
    > > > the voice on the Intel sound card simultaneous. Then i will also have
    > > > a wav file mixed with the voice (from the headset) on the Intel sound
    > > > card.

    > > > How can i do that? Any idea?

    > > > Thank you for any advise.

    > >http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/tour/....org/http://so...