UDP Network monitor - Setup

This is a discussion on UDP Network monitor - Setup ; Hello, I recently installed Ubuntu on an old computer I have and wanted to monitor network usage by process. I tried a few programs (bmon, bandwidthd, nethogs, wireshark) but none of these game me any info about process that used ...

  1. UDP Network monitor

    Hello,

    I recently installed Ubuntu on an old computer I have and wanted to
    monitor network usage by process. I tried a few programs (bmon,
    bandwidthd, nethogs, wireshark) but none of these game me any info about
    process that used UDP ports. Are there any utilities that can do this?

  2. Re: UDP Network monitor

    Carl wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I recently installed Ubuntu on an old computer I have and wanted to
    > monitor network usage by process. I tried a few programs (bmon,
    > bandwidthd, nethogs, wireshark) but none of these game me any info about
    > process that used UDP ports. Are there any utilities that can do this?

    Take a look at the output of 'snmpwalk', or prepare to install specific
    monitoring software that reports to MRTG or to Nagios.

    Such monitoring tools themselves tend to use CPU or make software run slower,
    so be prepared to pay for such monitoring with a burden on your system.

+ Reply to Thread