How to set default linked program - Setup

This is a discussion on How to set default linked program - Setup ; Hi, everyone How I can set the default linked program for each file extention ? For example, when I click the .doc file in file manager, how open office program should be executed? My linux is debian, gnome environment. Thanks ...

  1. How to set default linked program

    Hi, everyone

    How I can set the default linked program for each file extention ?
    For example, when I click the .doc file in file manager, how open office
    program should be executed?
    My linux is debian, gnome environment.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: How to set default linked program

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:12:08 +0900, J.H.Kim wrote:

    > Hi, everyone
    >
    > How I can set the default linked program for each file extention ? For
    > example, when I click the .doc file in file manager, how open office
    > program should be executed?
    > My linux is debian, gnome environment.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    This is what works for Ubuntu, but I expect it will be the same for
    Debian.

    Use the Gnome File Browser to locate a file with the extension that you
    want.

    Click on the file with the right mouse button, and select properties.

    In the 'Open With' tab, select the application that you want to make the
    default. (You can also add another application if it is not already in
    the list)

    Regards
    JohnT

+ Reply to Thread