rpm help - Setup

This is a discussion on rpm help - Setup ; We are running SUSE Linux We are having an odd situation. Some analyst has declared that he needs the following packages installed on the system he says that if the following command is run rpm -qa|grep openmotif This should result ...

  1. rpm help

    We are running SUSE Linux

    We are having an odd situation.

    Some analyst has declared that he needs the following packages
    installed on the system

    he says that if the following command is run

    rpm -qa|grep openmotif

    This should result in the following result

    openmotif-2.1.30-4_MLI 7.1
    openmotif-2.1.30-11
    openmotif-devel-2.1.30-11

    Now the issue is that I am not able to find the same exact version on
    the internet

    I was wondering how to handle this situation.

    The analyst says that They will not be able to handle the situation
    if
    I download

    openmotif-2.1.32-2_IST.i586.rpm

    Could You guide me please.

  2. Re: rpm help

    new_rjmail2006 wrote:
    > We are running SUSE Linux
    >
    > We are having an odd situation.
    >

    > Some analyst has declared that he needs the following packages
    > installed on the system
    >

    > he says that if the following command is run
    >

    > rpm -qa|grep openmotif
    >

    > This should result in the following result
    >

    > openmotif-2.1.30-4_MLI 7.1
    > openmotif-2.1.30-11
    > openmotif-devel-2.1.30-11

    Your consultant seems to be confused. If he's going to demand specific
    releases, he should point them out to you himself.

    In the meantime, you can search on http://rpm.pbone.net/, which reveals:

    http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat....i386.rpm.html
    There are similar packages for SuSE 8, and SuSE other. But your consultant
    needs to explain why he wants non-standard packages.

    > Now the issue is that I am not able to find the same exact version on
    > the internet
    >

    > I was wondering how to handle this situation.
    >

    > The analyst says that They will not be able to handle the situation
    > if
    > I download
    >

    > openmotif-2.1.32-2_IST.i586.rpm
    >

    > Could You guide me please.

    See above. Your consultant should post here and explain his or her reasoning.

+ Reply to Thread