How to install Debian CD#2 ~ CD#21? - Setup

This is a discussion on How to install Debian CD#2 ~ CD#21? - Setup ; Hi, I installed debian in my PC using debian install CD#1. It works well. I'd like to install the other CDs (CD#2~CD#21) for installing packages, but I don't know how to install them. How can I install debain CD#2~CD#21? In ...

  1. How to install Debian CD#2 ~ CD#21?

    Hi,
    I installed debian in my PC using debian install CD#1. It works well.
    I'd like to install the other CDs (CD#2~CD#21) for installing packages, but
    I don't know how to install them.
    How can I install debain CD#2~CD#21?

    In addition, when I post a text in linux.debian.user group, the text is lost
    and it is not posted. If I'm to post a message to that group, a additional
    procedure is necessary?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: How to install Debian CD#2 ~ CD#21?

    J.H.Kim :

    > I installed debian in my PC using debian install CD#1. It works well.
    > I'd like to install the other CDs (CD#2~CD#21) for installing packages, but
    > I don't know how to install them.
    > How can I install debain CD#2~CD#21?

    You don't. Consider them repositories of stuff you could install if
    you wanted. As Bill mentions, use apt-cdrom to declare them all to
    the pkg-ing system.

    Now, you can "aptitude update && aptitude install gkrellm" (for
    instance). It'll tell you which CD to to put in your reader,
    depending on which package you want to install (BTW, you won't need
    "update" again until you get new CDs or a net connection).

    > In addition, when I post a text in linux.debian.user group, the text is lost
    > and it is not posted. If I'm to post a message to that group, a additional
    > procedure is necessary?

    What are you using to post? Mozilla/Firefox/Iceweasel, or
    slrn/tin/elm? Can you find error messages in the system log files
    (/var/log/*)? How do you know it's not posted?

    Consider subscribing to whitelist@lists.debian.org (see
    http://lists.debian.org), and subscribing to linux-gate@lists.bofh.it
    (the gatekeeper of the mail to news gateway, linux.debian.user). In
    fact, not doing that last one is very likely your problem. See
    http://lists.bofh.it/options/linux-gate