FC9 problems - Setup

This is a discussion on FC9 problems - Setup ; 1. Even on changing /etc/inittab to start in runlevel 5, i am not getting a graphical login. I need to do a startx after text login. I verified that kdm is present . Also /etc/sysconfig/desktop has DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE" DESKTOP="KDE" If the ...

  1. FC9 problems

    1. Even on changing /etc/inittab to start in runlevel 5, i am not
    getting a graphical login. I need to do a startx after text login.
    I verified that kdm is present .
    Also /etc/sysconfig/desktop has
    DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"
    DESKTOP="KDE"

    If the above were to be GNOME , I get the graphical login for gnome

    2. fc9, krfb sucks. Connecting from vncviewer , I get a hazy screen.
    Typing something shows up as double.
    Previously I used the 'remote desktop" option under gnome FC 5 and that
    worked fine.
    Any ways to get this working ? I actually want to see the sessions
    running on my desktop, so running vncserver :1 won't work.

  2. Re: FC9 problems

    Bill Marcum wrote:
    > On 2008-08-28, prem wrote:
    >>
    >> 1. Even on changing /etc/inittab to start in runlevel 5, i am not
    >> getting a graphical login. I need to do a startx after text login.
    >> I verified that kdm is present .
    >>
    >> If the above were to be GNOME , I get the graphical login for gnome
    >>

    > What's in the log files when you try to boot in runlevel 5 with KDE?
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .

    ..xsession-error has this:

    SESSION_MANAGER=local/unix:@/tmp/.ICE-unix/2222,unix/unix:/tmp/.ICE-unix/2222
    Window manager warning: Failed to read saved session file
    /home/prem/.metacity/sessions/default1.ms: Failed to open file
    '/home/prem/.metacity/sessions/default1.ms': No suchfile or directory
    Failure: Module initalization failed

+ Reply to Thread