How do you use Emacs to sort RMAIL email based on SpamAssassinheaders?... - Setup

This is a discussion on How do you use Emacs to sort RMAIL email based on SpamAssassinheaders?... - Setup ; How do you use Emacs to sort RMAIL email based on SpamAssassin headers?......

  1. How do you use Emacs to sort RMAIL email based on SpamAssassinheaders?...

    How do you use Emacs to sort RMAIL email based on SpamAssassin
    headers?...

  2. Re: How do you use Emacs to sort RMAIL email based on SpamAssassinheaders?...

    the zak wrote:
    > How do you use Emacs to sort RMAIL email based on SpamAssassin
    > headers?...

    You don't, unless you've got a lot of in-house LISP or Elisp programming
    experience. You switch to a contemporary email client that supports IMAP as
    well as POP, and if possible use .forward to pipe the email through
    Spamassassin and dump the spam in an IMAP folder.

  3. Re: How do you use Emacs to sort RMAIL email based on SpamAssassin headers?...

    the zak wrote:
    > How do you use Emacs to sort RMAIL email based on SpamAssassin
    > headers?...

    > You don't, unless you've got a lot of in-house LISP or Elisp programming
    > experience. You switch to a contemporary email client that supports IMAP
    > as well as POP...

    Such as Gnus, which runs under Emacs and does much more than Rmail ever
    did. It can easily do the sorting you want. Sample .gnus entry:

    (setq nnmail-split-methods
    '(("spam" "^X-Spam-Flag: YES\\|^X-Spam-Score:")
    ("debian-announce" "^X-Mailing-List: ")
    ("debian-user" "^X-Mailing-List: ")
    ("debian-devel" "^X-Mailing-List: ")
    ("debian-changes" "^X-Mailing-List: ")
    ("debian-devel-announce" "^X-Mailing-List: ")
    ("debian-amd64" "^X-Mailing-List: ")))

    I use Mailagent to presort our mail, deleting high-scoring spam.
    --
    John Hasler
    john@dhh.gt.org

  4. Re: How do you use Emacs to sort RMAIL email based on SpamAssassinheaders?...

    On 17 Ago, 19:46, John Hasler wrote:
    > the zak wrote:
    > > How do you use Emacs to sort RMAIL email based on SpamAssassin
    > > headers?...
    > > You don't, unless you've got a lot of in-house LISP or Elisp programming
    > > experience. You switch to a contemporary email client that supports IMAP
    > > as well as POP...

    > Such as Gnus, which runs under Emacs and does much more than Rmail ever
    > did. *It can easily do the sorting you want. *Sample .gnus entry:
    >
    > (setq nnmail-split-methods
    > * * * *'(("spam" "^X-Spam-Flag: YES\\|^X-Spam-Score:")
    > * * * * *("debian-announce" "^X-Mailing-List: ")
    > * * * * *("debian-user" "^X-Mailing-List: ")
    > * * * * *("debian-devel" "^X-Mailing-List: ")
    > * * * * *("debian-changes" "^X-Mailing-List: ")
    > * * * * *("debian-devel-announce" "^X-Mailing-List: ")
    > * * * * *("debian-amd64" "^X-Mailing-List: ")))
    >
    > I use Mailagent to presort our mail, deleting high-scoring spam.
    > --
    > John Hasler
    > j...@dhh.gt.org
    > Dancing Horse Hill
    > Elmwood, WI USA

    in emacs 22.2 i use rmail settings `rmail-automatic-folder-
    directives',`rmail-ignored-headers',
    `rmail-nonignored-headers' to file lists in several RMAIL Folder.
    marco

  5. Re: How do you use Emacs to sort RMAIL email based on SpamAssassin headers?...

    the zak writes:

    > How do you use Emacs to sort RMAIL email based on SpamAssassin
    > headers?...

    *PLONK* You are a damn troll.

  6. Re: How do you use Emacs to sort RMAIL email based on SpamAssassin headers?...

    bardelli.marco@gmail.com writes:

    > in emacs 22.2 i use rmail settings `rmail-automatic-folder-
    > directives',`rmail-ignored-headers',
    > `rmail-nonignored-headers' to file lists in several RMAIL Folder.

    There is rsf for spam filtering with rmail.

+ Reply to Thread