VolGroup01 is lost after reboot - Setup

This is a discussion on VolGroup01 is lost after reboot - Setup ; Hi, I am setting up a Redhat on IBM server x3650 with a large storage EXP3000. I can configure the large storage by webios provided LSI MegaRAID controller. And I configured the EXP3000 disks to VolGroup01 in Redhat LVM. It ...

  1. VolGroup01 is lost after reboot

    Hi,

    I am setting up a Redhat on IBM server x3650 with a large storage
    EXP3000.

    I can configure the large storage by webios provided LSI MegaRAID
    controller. And I configured the EXP3000 disks to VolGroup01 in Redhat
    LVM. It works fine. But after I reboot, I always see such an error.

    ************************************************** ***************************
    fsck.ext3: No such file or directory /dev/VolGroup01/LogVol00:

    filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the
    superblock is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an
    alternate superblock:

    e2fsck b 8193

    :No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/VolGroup01/
    LogVol00 [FAILED]

    ************************************************** ***************************

    I have to run command "./vgchange -a y VolGroup01; mount -a" to solve
    the problem. If no these 2 commands run, then no /dev/VolGroup01
    found. Currently I have to add these 2 commands to /etc/rc.d/
    rc.sysinit to make it run automatically each time when system is
    booting. But it is so ugly.

    I do not think it is a LSI driver problem. I think it is related with
    LVM. Anyone has any good idea?

    Thanks,
    Roger

  2. Re: VolGroup01 is lost after reboot

    Roger wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am setting up a Redhat on IBM server x3650 with a large storage
    > EXP3000.
    >
    > I can configure the large storage by webios provided LSI MegaRAID
    > controller. And I configured the EXP3000 disks to VolGroup01 in Redhat
    > LVM. It works fine. But after I reboot, I always see such an error.
    >
    > ************************************************** ***************************
    > fsck.ext3: No such file or directory /dev/VolGroup01/LogVol00:
    >
    > The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2
    > filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    > filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the
    > superblock is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an
    > alternate superblock:
    >
    > e2fsck b 8193
    >
    > :No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/VolGroup01/
    > LogVol00 [FAILED]
    >
    > ************************************************** ***************************
    >
    > I have to run command "./vgchange -a y VolGroup01; mount -a" to solve
    > the problem. If no these 2 commands run, then no /dev/VolGroup01
    > found. Currently I have to add these 2 commands to /etc/rc.d/
    > rc.sysinit to make it run automatically each time when system is
    > booting. But it is so ugly.
    >
    > I do not think it is a LSI driver problem. I think it is related with
    > LVM. Anyone has any good idea?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Roger

    The vgchange command starts the LVM. Obviously, you cannot
    access its drives before the LVM is running.

    --

    Tauno Voipio
    tauno voipio (at) iki fi

  3. Re: VolGroup01 is lost after reboot

    The question is how I can mkae the vgchange running before lVM is
    running? I think there should be a way to make it work without
    changing /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit